WHY all the hack talk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adwan001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
St. Paul, MN
I have noticed recently that more people are posting questions despite the no-hack-warnings at the top of home page. Even though it's amusing to read these posts and Iceberg's and PSB's responses to them, they remain as annoying as ever.
I am wondering if there is a clearer way to show these people that hacking is not tolerated here. I suggest adding a tag line or a motto to Satteliteguys.com logo emphasizing that philosophy. For example: Satelliteguys.com "Hackers stay out" or "Where no hack-talk is accepted". I am sure some of us can bring up something more catchy. And better yet, why not hold a simple but bold tag line competition among members. You know, something like all the corporate TV adds do to catch our attention!!

Actually there are three no hack talk warnings…when you register, when you click on the FTA area, and my nice sticky.

Why do people still ask? They think it’s a joke and we won’t ban them. Or they think free to steal and free to air are the same thing. I have no tolerance for them and I know PSB doesn’t either. Pete (PSB) has been working with KU band systems for 20+ years and he does not like to deal with these “scum” as he puts it.

Another reason is the receiver prices. At one point last summer they were coming down and you could get some pretty good deals. But all of a sudden, they skyrocketed.

And why did they skyrocket? Yep, hackers. And if you’ve seen some of their posts, they’re classic. I get lots of PM’s too asking how to get _____________ receiver working. It doesn’t take much for me to figure out what side of the FTA fence their on. One or two simple questions and BAM…hacker

I guess some people think that “hack posts will get you banned” is just a joke.

Here is a funny one I got last night... It was also sent to the Chicago Better Business Bureau.

This guy got banned for hack talk and sent me an email demanding me to reinstate his account. I said NOPE and left it at that.

I got two email messages from him one said...

I recorded your answers, you, shameless freak....I will sue you to graund!

And here is the one he sent to the BBB.

Dear Better Business Bureau,

Please open and read an outrageous response sent by Scott. When I realized, they are schemmers, and liars, because the site had no live music, I immediately e-mailed them. I hired a layer, because after reading Scott's response I got a life-threatening blood pressure and was hospitalized for 2 days and 1 night. My medical bill is over $6,000, and I intend to sue satellite for at least $500, 000 for damages, pain, and suffering. Please do what you need to stop scott and his gang. You have all you need to publish.

Thanks!

Some people make me laugh hard. :D

Quote:

Quote:

Please open and read an outrageous response sent by Scott. When I realized, they are schemmers, and liars, because the site had no live music, I immediately e-mailed them. I hired a layer, because after reading Scott's response I got a life-threatening blood pressure and was hospitalized for 2 days and 1 night. My medical bill is over $6,000, and I intend to sue satellite for at least $500, 000 for damages, pain, and suffering. Please do what you need to stop scott and his gang. You have all you need to publish.

Thanks!

GoalieBob is that you? ;) :D

here's my slogan

Iceberg....30 hackers banned in the last 45 days....YOU WANNA BE NUMBER 31?

Maybe they think that if they cannot get information for free tv from this site then they can get enough money out of you by scaring you to pay for it.

All this talk of banning has caused me severe stress! Scott, you can send me a VIP 622 to ease my suffering otherwise I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell my mommy!:D

Scott Greczkowski said:

Thanks!

I like the way he spelled Lawyer, Amazing :D

Last edited:
QuoteOriginally Posted by Scott Greczkowski

Thanks!

This has to be a cut from a Jerky boys skit!! Sue who, Sue everybody!

Holy send in the clowns what a joker

Last edited:
Can you please pay all of my bills, including my satellite bill? I want the Almost Everything Package and everything else.

boston area dtv said:

Thanks!

Its creeps like that jerk that give us lawyers a bad name (oops, caught myself after typing that).

greyskies in sunny South Florida

nuts4scuba said:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!

GoalieBob is that you? ;) :D

...And if the guy that did the email would actually learn how to spell or how to use a spellchecker.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts