Why are both Joeys linked to the same Hopper?

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
I have a standard 2H/2J setup - 1000.2 dish with 3 wires, a duo node with the 2 hoppers on outside connecters and the 2 Joeys on the inboard connecters. There are no isolators or switches in the setup. Both Joeys are currently linked to the same Hopper. I thought this configuration was supposed to link the Hopper with the Joey nearest it on the node.

When the Joeys started booting up after the final download, the tech probably should have explained that you have a choice as to which one it can link to. (And the ability to change it whenever you want in the software)

Sadly Dish didn't train techs very well on two hopper systems. Even Scott couldn't provide us with very clear info early on. Customers are having to figure it out on their own after the techs left.

Thread on how to do it: Tip: Changing Joey Pairing in a Two Hopper System

So I just ordered 2 hoppers and 3 joeys. If I am understanding this correctly I can easily switch witch hopper each Joey is seeing until they are integrated? Say I have a movie recorded on one hopper but the joey I want to watch it on is usually paired to the other hopper. I can just go to the menu and switch Hoppers to watch the movie and then switch back.

So I just ordered 2 hoppers and 3 joeys. If I am understanding this correctly I can easily switch witch hopper each Joey is seeing until they are integrated? Say I have a movie recorded on one hopper but the joey I want to watch it on is usually paired to the other hopper. I can just go to the menu and switch Hoppers to watch the movie and then switch back.

Yes, you can (duo node required). From the Joey, Go to menu>settings>network setup>Whole-Home Setup

From this menu, you can link the Joey to the other Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts