Why are certain international channels available only with SuperDish?

paganel

Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Hi,

I am a newbie to the technical aspect of satellite functionality. I just upgraded to VIP 622. At the same time I also ordered the Armenia TV international channel. The dish rep said I would need a superdish. That was ok with me. Today the installer showed up, but said that I would not be able to get the Armenia TV channel because of trees.

What I don't understand is that I get signal from 110, 119, and 61.5. According to lyngsat website 119 contains that channel. How come I can't get it? Is it just a question of having to have a superdish? Even if it is not on 119, but is on 121 which I guess has most of the international programming. Is it reasonable that I get the signal from 119, but not from 121?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paganel,

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.Us

Dishchannelchart.com shows Armenia TV on 118 and 121. I have a fairly standard 110, 119, 129 setup, and don't have the answer for you - but rest assured, you will get some answers to the specifics soon.

Paganel,

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.Us

Dishchannelchart.com shows Armenia TV on 118 and 121. I have a fairly standard 110, 119, 129 setup, and don't have the answer for you - but rest assured, you will get some answers to the specifics soon.
Dish 1000 plus upgrade...

No you will need the 121 SuperDish. They can only put so many channels on a Satellite because of capacity restrictions.
I would say there is a good chance that you can get 121 if you get a strong signal on 119. You may want to get a second opinion.

No you will need the 121 SuperDish. They can only put so many channels on a Satellite because of capacity restrictions.
I would say there is a good chance that you can get 121 if you get a strong signal on 119. You may want to get a second opinion.
iN our area the 121 is at 29 degrees elevation.....119 is 33...a 4 degree diff..With trees around that can be significant..121 is an FSS satellite...Medium power output from the bird requires the larger antenna..FYI, a good signal strength for the 121 is in the 60's minimum..soim TP's will be in the 50's but the one you need only be concerned with is the one that delivers the Armenian service....Because of the low availabilty of 121 SD's. the Dish of choice for this channel is the Dish 500 plus...that llooks at the 110/118.75 and 119 sats..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts