Why AT&T's Quest to be the King of Streaming Will Probably Fail

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
When AT&T announced it was paying $69 billion for DirecTV, even Wall Street thought the telco had gone a little goofy. After all, that money could have been used to upgrade the company's aging DSL networks, which have failed to keep pace with cable, and buying a satellite TV operator on the eve of the cord cutting revolution seemed suspect. But with AT&T's announcements that it's backing off U-verse TV and planning a huge new push into streaming video, AT&T's ambition has become cleare

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...423?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

When AT&T announced it was paying $69 billion for DirecTV, even Wall Street thought the telco had gone a little goofy. After all, that money could have been used to upgrade the company's aging DSL networks, which have failed to keep pace with cable, and buying a satellite TV operator on the eve of the cord cutting revolution seemed suspect. But with AT&T's announcements that it's backing off U-verse TV and planning a huge new push into streaming video, AT&T's ambition has become cleare

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...423?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Dsl reports???, enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony and osu1991
I have AT&T DSL(which they'll have to pry from my cold dead hands). AT&T's heavily capped Wireless 4g LTE home internet service is a non-starter for me. It would be my luck that I have their new zero caps Directv streaming service, because Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon Prime viewing is cost prohibitive, on their wireless internet service, & the FCC will rule it illegal for AT&T to run the service WITHOUT data caps. Just because it's DSL Reports saying it, doesn't mean that it's not true or plausible. A broken clock is right at least twice a day(only once if it is digital & using "military" time).

I have AT&T DSL(which they'll have to pry from my cold dead hands). AT&T's heavily capped Wireless 4g LTE home internet service is a non-starter for me. It would be my luck that I have their new zero caps Directv streaming service, because Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon Prime viewing is cost prohibitive, on their wireless internet service, & the FCC will rule it illegal for AT&T to run the service WITHOUT data caps. Just because it's DSL Reports saying it, doesn't mean that it's not true or plausible. A broken clock is right at least twice a day(only once if it is digital & using "military" time).
Dsl reports is so opinion based and usually negative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: DetFan and Mr Tony