Why can't I get "Eastern Arc" service Now?

BriHD

Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I would like to know why "Eastern Arc" service is not available all over the east. I tried getting DN's Turbo HD and was told I couldn't see the HD sat. at 20deg. in my location due to a hill and trees. I have since found out about the EA locations (60-77deg.) this would be great, and was told it's not available in my area. What does that mean, it's a sat. in the sky for pete's sake. If it's a local channel issue, I DON'T NEED the locals.

Does anyone know if I can get DN to give me service. You'd think that they would do all they can to get more subscribers.

Equipment shortages are slowing the roll out. I believe it opens up early next year. A polite email sent to ceo at dish dot com might help.

"20deg." ???

They are rolling out the EA service only to new subscribers in selected markets at the present time. I assume it has to do with hardware availability as well as having locals uplinked. They are also waiting on a 3rd sat, 77, to reach station. There isn't anything that would prevent you from having an installation where one satellite looks at 110 and 119 and another grabs the signals from the EA HD sat , 61.5, instead of 129. Turbo may be made available in February to everyone. I think right now you'd have to sign up for one of the regular E* packages and add HD for $10.

the installer told me the HD sat. was at 20deg. in our location. (Edinboro, PA) 25 miles south of Lake Erie.

Maybe 20 deg above the horizon or some such. As stated above, current sat setup for most of us is 110, 119 and either 61.5 or 129, often using two dishes. But of course, your LOS might be much better at EA.

I do belive he was talking to me in terms as location above the horizon. Because he mentioned the the SD sat. was at 30-35deg.

And if you don't mind 2 dishes, you might be happier with 110 119 61.5. Certainly, at least for the next month or so, you'll likely be happier with 61.5 over 129. 129's signal is not as good as it should be for many people, but a replacement satellite should be there next month. I believe it's still sked for a 12/3 launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts