why can't i record off the big dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

somery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Pasadena, TX
I noticed a while back that my vcr just records static when i put the recievers coax into the "in/ant" on the back of the VCR. Even just doing this will show interference in the picture, but at least it looked recordable. But upon playback, its nothing but static with no picture or sound. I was recording channel 3. The premier of camp Lazlo come on tonight and the wife and daughter are going to church. Don't know how I can record this....

by the way its analog, from G1 - 08

Thats Genius! I was using coax. Will try audio/video cables, thanks! The pit is making me dense!

Hee hee worked like a charm! Thanks again. Funny how it records the fine tuning and VC II onscreen info.

It still should work with coax, I've done it for years. You have to make sure that the VCR is set to either channel 3 or 4. We don't have an ABC affillate here in Sin City so I have to set up the VCR to tape the Indianapolis 500 off of WABC so I can watch it when I get home from the race. Done it every year for the last 24 races.

It still should work with coax, I've done it for years. You have to make sure that the VCR is set to either channel 3 or 4. We don't have an ABC affillate here in Sin City so I have to set up the VCR to tape the Indianapolis 500 off of WABC so I can watch it when I get home from the race. Done it every year for the last 24 races.

Hmmm, maybe its my VCR? It does appear somewhat watchable thru channel three, but with major interference -- enough so that the closed caption doesn't function correctly. The f-connection could be loose inside the VCR, but I needed a quick fix to record my show that was on tonight. Then when i go to record, it doesn't work at all (with the coax). I tried hooking the OTA antenna to the antenna jack f connection on the sat reciever and just having one coax to the tv, but i can't watch the locals when flipping thru the local channels -- the signal from the dish takes over all else that way. So (not having an A/B switch at the moment) I can't figure out how to combine both to the VCR. I bought a diplexer and combined both, but i think it takes another diplexer to seperate, so that was a useless purchase.....

How old is your VCR? The one I am using is about 20 years old and it has a seperate tuner for each channel from 2 to 13 and a button to change to UHF. I have to make sure that channel 3 is tuned in to the satellite signal.

I also have a newer VCR that all I did was hook up the satellite to the VCR, put it on channel 3 and it came in.

That's about all I can help you with.

yeah, thanks thats cool. Its a fairly new looking Admiral that i inherited from a good ol uncle. he had a lot of ham radio equip and stuff like that. About all i know about that VCR.

Its got to be the VCR or the Cable or connectors.

Yep i done VCR recording both way coax and Rca off the BUD works great :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)