Why did the CSR tell me the 722 is inferior to the 622?

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
My HDMI port broke on my leased 622 back in May. I waited to have the system replaced until now because of the USB storage feature and of course want to move my recordings to the replacment system by using that feature. I asked the rep about the possibility of replacing my 622 with the new 722 and also mentioned the special promotion. The rep told me that I should not try to move to the 722 since it is an inferior device and does offer the same picture quality as the 622 because the 722 does not offer "true" HD. She also told me the upgrade offer to the 722 ended on Aug 14.

What da?

My HDMI port broke on my leased 622 back in May. I waited to have the system replaced until now because of the USB storage feature and of course want to move my recordings to the replacment system by using that feature. I asked the rep about the possibility of replacing my 622 with the new 722 and also mentioned the special promotion. The rep told me that I should not try to move to the 722 since it is an inferior device and does offer the same picture quality as the 622 because the 722 does not offer "true" HD. She also told me the upgrade offer to the 722 ended on Aug 14.

What da?

OMG I smell ALOT of BS!:)

What da?
You should have gotten her ID number and reported her to CEO. She is more than full of crap on all counts. OTH, your chances of getting a 722 for the bad 622 are slim or next to none for quite some time.

You should have gotten her ID number and reported her to CEO. She is more than full of crap on all counts. OTH, your chances of getting a 722 for the bad 622 are slim or next to none for quite some time.

monroef did not mention when this call exactly took place and how long he has had his 622.

If the call took place within the last couple of days, he may get a call from Quality Control for an interview on how his call went. I have gotten several in the past. That person will know who took the call.

If you have had the 622 for more than 18 months, you should qualify for an upgrade but at a cost.

Or maybe the CSR knows about some problems that are showing up? The fact there haven't been problems reported on this site probably indicates an untrained CSR.

I am in the same boat with the improperly mounted HDMI connector on a 622. Dish should either swap out the 622 receivers with the incorrectly mounted HDMI connectors with 622s that have a fixed connector, or if they can't do that, they should swap them out for a 722 with a solid connector (hopefull it is solid on the 722!). It is rediculous that they did a surface mount on that connector in the first place, and then to expect the customers to be out of pocket to get a receiver that doesn't have this idiotic design flaw is absurd. It is their fault, they should fix it at their expense.

My question is when did anyone start listening to CSR's???? I though everyone already knew you never get the right information from a CSR............

David

I am in the same boat with the improperly mounted HDMI connector on a 622. Dish should either swap out the 622 receivers with the incorrectly mounted HDMI connectors with 622s that have a fixed connector, or if they can't do that, they should swap them out for a 722 with a solid connector (hopefull it is solid on the 722!).

They would have to replace tens of thousands of them. Every 622 built up to just a few months ago would have to be replaced. And I'm giving them credit for having fixed the assembly problem, I'm not really sure they ever did. It's possible that every 622 ever made has the problem.

E* saves a lot of replacement/repair costs due to a lot of 622 owners not using their defective HDMI ports. Along with those who do who haven't stressed their connector enough to break it yet.

Much cheaper to just deal with it as people complain ... at least until the problem is big enough for someone to order a recall.

The 622 port issue has been around for nearly a year now en masse. I don't see a recall coming at this stage since distribution is tapering off if not dropping with launch of the 722. I would expect the 622 port issue wasn't addressed with the anticipation of the 722 unit as a replacement in a year.

Don't believe everything a csr/tech agent tells you. Example, last night i installed my new AT&T DSL modem as I dropped Comcrap HSI. I was suppose to have a 3mb Extreme connection but after doing the speed tests on their site was only getting a 1.1 mbps connection. I called their support and was told that the Comcrap HSI musty be interfering with my DSL line and that is why i am expierinecing a slower connection. When i told her that Comcrap does not use a telephone line for internet she was shocked.

What Does Your Gateway Say Its Speed Is?

Go to your DSL Gateway's Setup page. Just enter 192.168.1.254 in your Web Browser. It will tell you your ideal, yet unachievable paid for, speed. It sounds like you have 1536 kbs service that will test out at about 1100 -1200 kbs.

What da?

Chalk this one up to the fact that a large number of CSRs are the type to fart in the bathtub and bite at the bubbles, and growl at their reflection in the mirror.

Don't believe everything a csr/tech agent tells you. Example, last night i installed my new AT&T DSL modem as I dropped Comcrap HSI. I was suppose to have a 3mb Extreme connection but after doing the speed tests on their site was only getting a 1.1 mbps connection. I called their support and was told that the Comcrap HSI musty be interfering with my DSL line and that is why i am expierinecing a slower connection. When i told her that Comcrap does not use a telephone line for internet she was shocked.

If u just got ur AT&T DSL, it takes about 10 days to optimize the system or at least thats what AT&T told me and thats about what it took! I was getting about what u were getting and after 8 to ten days I was getting 2.4 to 2.6 meg down!

What da?

How is the HDMI port breaking? I plugged it in a year ago when I got the 622 and have not touched it since. Mine has worked fine.

Does it break when you plug/unplug it or does it just fail?

I would like to know about the HDMI port as well. I just had a 622 installed and was wondering why the unit just came with RGB video cables rather than a HDMI cable. Not knowing about the port problem, I bought an HDMI cable and installed it. My unit seems to work fine, but should I go back to the RGB cables?

The weight of the plug and cable puts stress on the port and causes it to separate from the board inside.

They fixed the problem by using a reinforced port that uses a screw to secure it to the back panel.

By "B" version had a screw in the back of the HDMI port and the HDMI failed on it. It is not the screw, it is the method of connection to the MB. Cold solder joints on HDMI plug crack and lose contact with heat and physical stress. Newer boards have through connections not just surface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)