Why did they move FX?

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't see this asked, but why did they move FX from channel 137 to 136?

Kind of a PITA since you can't change the channel on your timers. You have to delete them and create new timers.

I haven't seen an "official" answer but they are probably planning to move something else to 137. I think the running guess is WGN.

Or a TBS alternate for the MLB Playoffs.

That doesn't really make sense. TBS is on 139 so what difference does it make if the alternate channel is on 136 or 137? Neither one is immediately before or after TBS. Now, if they had moved TNT from 138 to 136 for a TBS alternate, that would make sense. It seems unnecessary to move a permanent channel to make way for a temporary channel that is still not next to its regular counterpart.

Did it move to another sat or transponder? I actually have kept up with the move, just noticed the guide last night and the note.

Why would they be moving it for WGN?

Wait, wasn't there a release about FX offering FXHD in the near future???

the HD would be in the 9000s and then mapped down to 137 if thats the case. no they moved it for a completely different channel. I would say wgn seeing its in the middle of no where on the guide. i forget i have it mostly because its stuck in between shopping and free preview.

just my $0.02

That doesn't really make sense. TBS is on 139 so what difference does it make if the alternate channel is on 136 or 137? Neither one is immediately before or after TBS. Now, if they had moved TNT from 138 to 136 for a TBS alternate, that would make sense. It seems unnecessary to move a permanent channel to make way for a temporary channel that is still not next to its regular counterpart.

TBS and TNT owned by Time Warner. FX owned by that other guy.

WGN owned by none of the above and no need for special placement.

Still time left to move TNT and TBS.

ESPN the Phantom maybe. :)

I would assume they moved it for a purpose seeing 136 had nothing correct. Id hope they would not move it just to leave 137 blank.

Maybe they are signed something with FXHD and are planning ahead, who knows. I guess we'll have to watch 137 and see. When is the move final?

TBS and TNT owned by Time Warner. FX owned by that other guy.

WGN owned by none of the above and no need for special placement.

Still time left to move TNT and TBS.

ESPN the Phantom maybe. :)

137 isn't special placement. However, it would be more logical for WGN to be somewhere in the 100s as opposed to where it is now. I wasn't suggesting it would be WGN. I've just seen several others hypothesize that.

Maybe they are signed something with FXHD and are planning ahead, who knows.

If they have anything going with FXHD they'll probably put it in the 9000's with an HD mapdown like the rest.

Are there any other SD fox owned networks debuting??

No, it maps down to the same channel # as the SD channel. If you have map-down enabled, you would see "136 - FX" and "136 - FXHD" right next to one another in the guide.

Kind of a PITA since you can't change the channel on your timers. You have to delete them and create new timers.
Feature request ! I'd like to be able to change channels in cases where I get a conflict between my satellite locals and OTA locals. I can choose "I'd rather see this show in HD this week" and flip things around. Currently, you either create timers for (4) events (two for one show, SD and HD, and two for the other, also SD and HD) then skip/restore as you need. Or, you have to delete and re-create as noted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts