Why do dishnetwork use an installer on upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve617

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Just curious since I am upgrading my 211 to a 622 on the 28th why dont dish just mail me the reciever instead of having someone come out and install it.

Thanks

It does not! The unit will work in the place of the 211

depending on what dish/switch combination you currently have. Which is why they send a tech out.

For example... lets say you are in an area where you only need 119, 110, and 129, and maybe when it was originally installed the installer put in a DP34.... then the 622 would not work in place of the 211.

depending on what dish/switch combination you currently have. Which is why they send a tech out.

For example... lets say you are in an area where you only need 119, 110, and 129, and maybe when it was originally installed the installer put in a DP34.... then the 622 would not work in place of the 211.

Not to mention there's the little matter of wiring up for the second television ;)

Thanks my dish's are older legacy Twin LMB with SW21 switching. Looks like I will be getting a big upgrade.

Yes, you need an upgrade, he will put in a 1000.2 a separator, a couple of diplexors to backfeed and you are good to go

It does not! The unit will work in the place of the 211

You should really consider what your going to type before you say it instead of jumping blindly into a thread with misinformation and insults like you've done in the majority of your 50 posts since August.:rolleyes:

Just think, when you upgrade to a 722 they will mail it too you. No installer needed..
Well I just finished my call to upgrade to 722 and they are sending an installer. Seems there is no set way they do upgrades.

You should really consider what your going to type before you say it instead of jumping blindly into a thread with misinformation and insults like you've done in the majority of your 50 posts since August.:rolleyes:

Big eye opener when you read this user's past posts, eh Van? :eek:

They send tech out so they can steal your stuff... And so they can install spy software on your computers and spy cameras... Follow the tech around when he is there, or he'll wire your house up so Dish Network can see everything you do...

HHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAHAHA

No, I'm teasing... I hate it when others come into my home too (strangers that is), but honestly, it is free and at least if they are good (I've had some bad ones before) they can be sure that you get everything you need to have a good hook-up. Though, if you want anything beyond a straight forward drilling through outside walls install, you might want to pre-run everything inside the house at least (like runs to TV2 etc., cuz they will just drill a hole through the wall to get from one side to the next). That at least is a "standard" install. You can pay extra sometimes to have a better install, but why do that if you can do it on your own...

Big eye opener when you read this user's past posts, eh Van? :eek:
Eh, Ive had my moments but his shoelaces do seem to be to tight.

They send tech out so they can steal your stuff... And so they can install spy software on your computers and spy cameras... Follow the tech around when he is there, or he'll wire your house up so Dish Network can see everything you do...
Dont laugh, I had a customer who had wrapped his tv and receiver in aluminum foil because he didnt want the goverment to see in his house, then I pointed out his phone had a microphone in the mouth piece and then I looked up at the ceiling and started rubbing my chin while I watched him out of the corner of my eye look hard at his phone.;)

The installer serves 2 purposes in an upgrade situation...

#1 The installer makes sure the stuff gets installed and does not sit in the customers closet. Afterall we are giving the customer better equipment to aid in customer retention, to enhance their service to prevent them from cancelling in the future.

Case and point, several years ago before Dual Tuner DVR's DISH had a deal with Club Dish where you referred 5 friends they would send you a FREE DISH DVR 508.

My Best friends mother referred 5 friends to DISH and got the FREE DVR 508, she got the receiver and instead of replacing her old model 3000 she put it in the closet to collect dust. Everytime I would go over there, I would ask if I could activate it for her and replace the 3000 and it was never the "right time" so finally I just gave up. Fast forward 2 years later by Buddy moved out from his parents house, we setup a new account and decided to get his moms 508 for the bedroom.

He ended up getting into an argument with his mom, and to this day the 508 is still in the closet.

The point here is that the upgrade might have sounded like a good idea when it was ordered, but leave it up the customer sometimes it will never get done!

#2 The installer makes sure its done right, no point in having a customer screw up their system on an upgrade, get frustrated and cancel!

It would be nice if they would mail it more easily. I had a time when we wanted to upgrade from a 322 to a 722. Easy, right? They wouldn't mail it though. I guess I could have tried the CEO office but at the time I didn't think of it.

Then, the CSR starts saying "OK, we'll be there sometime between 12-5 on Thursday." I said no, it better be Saturday, because there's no way someone's taking the day off work to be home for a 10 minute receiver swap.

It would be nice if they would mail it more easily. I had a time when we wanted to upgrade from a 322 to a 722. Easy, right? They wouldn't mail it though. I guess I could have tried the CEO office but at the time I didn't think of it.

Then, the CSR starts saying "OK, we'll be there sometime between 12-5 on Thursday." I said no, it better be Saturday, because there's no way someone's taking the day off work to be home for a 10 minute receiver swap.

More likely the csr you can ship it in that instance....it wasnt your first hd was it?

They absolutely refused to mail it to me for an upgrade. I instead had two techs come out and replace my 211 for a 622. The techs were miffed at having to come out for a 15 minute swap. They were nice and good about it. A total waste of their time. I live in a very rural area and not easy to find.

Well thats not the CSR thats how its setup yeah in your instance it wasnt worth it but for the twenty customers to your one that would have just messed it up it is worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)