Why do people call Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
It's so much easier to use DIRT on here or to use the online chat feature on Dish.com. I have a 211k receiver I purchased that I only use for tailgating. Since this Saturday is the first game I need to get my gear ready. In the past I would call Dish to activate my receiver which worked fine but it just seems like you have to jump through more hoops. Today I decided just use the online chat to activate my receiver and it worked great. No hoops to jump through, an agent was there instantly and I was able to do other things while doing the chat.

My receiver did not take the programming hit the first time which seems to happen every year but after another chat and hit to my receiver I was up and running. I even managed to get my Multi-Sports package reduced to half price for 6 months, which works perfect because it makes the additional receiver fee almost a wash.

Make life easier folks, use the tools provided to you.

I agree DIRT is a lot more reliable than spending time on the phone. I think the issue is getting and spreading the word out that DIRT (and Satelliteguys) actually exist. I'm not saying that Satelliteguys is not a popular website, but not everyone is on here all the time to know or remember that DIRT exists.

The people that I deal with just aren't tech savvy and do not feel comfortable with doing things online. I try telling them not to be afraid of setting up an account on Dish.com. Being able to manage your account online can be very helpful and save a lot of headaches.

You used to be able to get a "hit" sent via the automated phone system without having to talk to a CSR. They changed the menus and took it away though.

DIRT and online chat have been the way to go for me

And of course the sound advice of fellow Dish subs here on the forum :)

DIRT is one of the reasons I'll be sticking with Dish if I can. I haven't called Dish in 2 years. If I need immediate assistance and DIRT is off that day/night, I use the online chat. While the online chat reps aren't as good as DIRT, they're far better than the phone support.

Agreed. the trusty 722 began giving issues a few weeks ago. replaced cable, fittings, separator and LNB. Nothing resolved the issue- clearly the receiver (no other receivers were experiencing signal loss).

Didn't even consider calling. PMed a dirt member and the issue is being resolved. DIRT was a factor when we considered leaving last year.

I stopped calling when the online chat became available and I don't use the chat now unless I can't find a DIRT member available. I even pm'd Zach my neighbors phone number, when the neighbor had a problem and Zach called him and fixed things up and my neighbor has been saying how great Zach's help was ever since.

I called the other day to drop my 1/2 price hbo for 6 months ,since True blood is over and I walked away with 1/2 Blockbuster for 6 months at $5.00 a month and $10.00 off for 6 months. So I felt that it was a very productive phone call. I would have had to type for days to explain why I wanted to drop my 1/2 price hbo to a csr chat online, and I'm sure that I wouldn't of walked away with any freebies or other 1/2 price deals. So sometimes it takes a real old style phone interface to get something done.

I am so glad I found this site. I was on DBS talk and I couldn't get any real help. It was like once I said I wanted to give Dish a shot and leave Direct they jumped all over me. I came here and you guys helped me out. DIRT helped me get set up with Dish and I could not be happier. So yea DIRT is great and the online chat works really well. :D

I agree DIRT is a lot more reliable than spending time on the phone. I think the issue is getting and spreading the word out that DIRT (and Satelliteguys) actually exist. I'm not saying that Satelliteguys is not a popular website, but not everyone is on here all the time to know or remember that DIRT exists.
That why we hope you and others help spread the word. :)

?You will find no better DISH support then right here at SatelliteGuys. :) (I wish I could say the same about DIRECTV, but I think we are doing OK there too) :D

I'm a Dish employee (and not part of DIRT in any way), and I am glad they're here and helpful. We encourage customers to register online, manage their accounts online, and to use chat when they're comfortable with it. Saves resources on our end, obviously.

Please don't paint all PHONE support as useless, though. I'll admit (personal opinion here) that there are a lot of awful frontline CSR agents, there are still many who are good, and helpful. They, naturally, get promoted to higher positions. It's like the old adage, each year, I get a year older, but those 18 year olds...they're still 18. The non-frontline folks gain experience every year, but the frontline is still often the newest of the hires. Turnover and advancement makes sure of that.

The competing forum DBSTALK also has access to DIRT but they have made it very hard to contact a great asset. Now if Satelliteguys could only eliminate the FIVE POST rule it would make it even easier to contact DIRT.

The 3 times I needed to contact Dish, two were for Equipment issues (used chat) = transcript;). The other time was to sign up :).

Will be getting in touch with DIRT, when I qualify.:D To look into upgrading to the HWS, no rush for me as of yet.

I appreciate everything you do Scott, as a long time lurker to this site.

Thanks
Steve

I can't seem to find any information on how to contact the DIRT team. I think it should be included in a "Sticky" at the top of the DISH thread, but I don't see it there.

Larry
SF

Agreed, and I have suggested it several times, but Scott says Dish says No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)