Why do you choose skyangel over FTA?

Mpst people will choose Skyangel over FTA because of the ease of use, one dish pointed at one place. It also offers the safety that if someone hits channel up there wont see something they would not want to see in their homes.

Yes there is a lot of Christain FTA out there, but for most the idea of a movable dish is not something most want.

-Another reason is they don't want to program the box. They want to hook it up and go
-They can't put a larger dish up
-They may not want other programming and dont want to sort through the other channels
-They want channels that are not available on a KU dish (the channels are on C-Band)

some of us don't choose, we have both

but i had SkyAngel first because it was compatible with the Dish Network DishPlayer 7200's I owned at the time. As my description says, I'm a DVR addict.

I have both too but do not have my FTA tuned into IA5 yet. I hope to do that within a few months. I want to get a second recieve for my FTA dish too.

I pay a satellite tech to come out to my house and program my box so that isn't an issue for me.

If Sky Angel gets its own bird it will be able to have 60 channels or so and have some family-friendly secular channels that will really give it an advantage over FTA.

good point Andrews. Maybe they can cut a deal with Dish like Bell ExpressVu in Canada did (the boxes are identical other than the software in them)

Pepper said:
some of us don't choose, we have both

but i had SkyAngel first because it was compatible with the Dish Network DishPlayer 7200's I owned at the time. As my description says, I'm a DVR addict.

I luv dvr too. FTA has a dvr receiver also.

I use it for ease of use.
I can use the DVR from Dish on Sky Angel channels, the guide is integrated, plus I can put the kid channels into the Kids guides that I have set up in thier rooms.
Plus it really doesn't cost that much.

FTA is too expensive and too impractical to install on my apartment building, took a miracle for my landlord to let me get Dish Network/Sky Angel and later Directv.

Also I use a stand alone tivo with my Dish 301 box. Tivo doesn't support FTA and if there is a DVR for FTA it wouldn't be a Tivo and I can't watch TV without a DVR anymore.

JIm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)