Why does 1 channel have so many options for satelites?

PARKSY1969

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
CHATHAM
I am missing some channels and I was trying to narrow down which satelite they are related to but I see a channel like 118 can be pulled off all the satelites according to your channel list you have. I have a Dish 500 pointing at 110 and 119 with a second dish pointing to 61.5 with a Dish system.

There are 2 different satellite arcs for Dish.The eastern (61.5,72.7,77) then the western arc (110,119,129) from the looks of your setup you should be hitting 129 instead of 61.5.

What channels are you missing?

You have the wrong instillation to get all the channels. You need either a complete Western Arc or at the least 61.5 and 72 from the Eastern Arc.

Beyond that there are reasons some channels are on more than one satellite. Could be a spotbeam specifically for HI, Could be for AK, or even for PR. Additionally the SD version could be on one satellite, and the HD version on another.

I'm surprised you weren't changed over long ago. They must have overlooked you. Might be as simple as reaiming your dish at 129 and doing a check switch, if you're comfortable doing that.

But which Chatham? MA? You might need to be on EA anyway for your locals. New dish. Could keep one of the old ones for 118 in case you might ever want international programming.

You just have an 'oudated' setup. 110, 119, and 61.5 was a typical setup in some areas long time ago. Over the years, Dish has moved channels around to different satellites (and added new satellites too). If you can get the 129 sat from where you are, you can move the 61.5 dish and aim at 129 to give you all the channels that 99.9% of people care about. You can always call Dish and tell them what channels you want and they can tell you what setup you need and/or come out and upgrade.

There is channel overlap on some satellites because people have different dish setups depending on where channels were located (on which sats) when you setup service. Currently, just about everybody either gets an EA setup (if you live in eastern half of USA) or WA setup (if you live in western half)... But they have to keep some eastern arc channels on the western arc still because say, folks like me, live on the east coast but still have satellite dish pointed at 110, 119, 129 (which is the western arc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)