Why does Dish not carry CW HD or MyNetwork HD

I watch my local CW and MY channels. But wait I don't watch any of their Network shows.
I think a lot of the CW and MY channels carry some of the local sports don't they? Might be a good reason to hope they get picked up for carriage some day. But, like I said, I could watch them over OTA so I doens't affect me like it does others. I don't want this to turn into a "who cares about your channels" kind of discussion. I just don't see anything on the channels that most people would be missing out on, other than maybe local sports.

My network is Channel 50 in Chicago WPWR-DT. Yea I was watching bubble boy the other day on MYNTWK and it was in HD!. When Smackdown comes to MYNTWK that will be shown in hd too!

BTW ALL Cubs and Sox games are in HD period. It doesnt matter if its on WCIU, or WGN or Comcast. Thats why im smiling really big as a D* coustomer right now because we have Comcast full time, allong with WGN. As far as WCIU, I have an OTA antenna for that as it's really easy to get with an antenna.

Hey goaliebob,
How far is Manteno from Chicago? I live west of Elburn and was told I was too far out to get Chicago HD via antenna due to line of sight issues. Was that just BS??? Also, are you happy with D*???? I am agonizing over whether to hang in with E* hoping they will get WGN by this summer or switch. What should I do?

Right now it's transponder space. Carrying two more LiLs in every market requires a tremendous amount of bandwidth.

It looks like Direct is just now starting to roll out CW and only in a few markets.

It'll come!

(I personally think there's a "better way" for Dish/Direct to do HD LiL. Seems to be a big waste of bandwidth. Think about it -- if "Lost" is airing on ABC, they're essentially transmitting something like 50 [or however many HD Lils they have) copies of the same program in HD at once. Times two to cover both providers. The two companies really should work together on it, but they won't.)

Think about it... it's not transponder space. More than 4 MPEG4 HD's can fit on one transponder.

I'd say it's backhaul fiber bandwidth to the uplinks.

My, my how things have changed. When satellite tv reached the point where the hardware was reasonable in price and reliability, the "c" band opened up opportunity to look at something OTHER than locals. Of course, some fortunate viewers were on cable, but not with the choices available on satellite. Many a home, at least those who had a spot for the dish and the cash to buy it with, enjoyed this electronic marvel. Now, here we are in 2008 complaining about why satellite providers can't show us every available commercial riddled channel. Oh for the "good 'ol days"..............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)