Why does Dish seem to have more Provider Disputes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does anyone actually have a list of what channels Dish and DirecTV have dropped due to disputes so we could compare instead of just speculating? I would be one of the people that think Dish has more but since I don't have DirecTV and I don't spend any time on their forum I have no idea.
I read an article full of statistics relating to the number and length of disputes, and Dish was the clear winner (loser) when it came to disputes. As soon as I can find it again, I'll post a link.

I do think DISH has more disputes where channels are temporarily dropped. The reason is clear as can be and isn't disputable. Overall DISH is less expensive and in the majority of cases much less so. I have shown as have others where and how. By far and not even close most subscribers have a Vip or older receiver and for one or two rooms DISH can be $15 to $20 Less a month.
Only for those basic/limited packages, of which comparative packages aren't offered by DirecTV. But, when comparing apples to apples (similar packages and equipment), Dish is no cheaper.

You're just used to the service and equipment you started with

Just like me with Directv and would probably be weird learning the channel numbers among other things
If I was to switch to Dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
No. DirecTV's channel numbering scheme is all over the map, like most cable/fiber companies.

Dish' channel numbering scheme makes sense, with like channels grouped together.

Only for those basic/limited packages, of which comparative packages aren't offered by DirecTV. But, when comparing apples to apples (similar packages and equipment), Dish is no cheaper.

Not at all true. I'm not even comparing those packages.
I posted A two room two VIP receivers with a total of 6 tuners (Two satellite each and one OTA each) and Top 250 is $15 a month - $180 a YEAR less than comparable set up with Direct TV. Sam Gordon also realized he is saving similar. (I save more because Direct TV would add a $3 surcharge a month for RSNs)

$97 with DISH $112 with Direct. Neither including tax.

Last edited:
No. DirecTV's channel numbering scheme is all over the map, like most cable/fiber companies.

Dish' channel numbering scheme makes sense, with like channels grouped together.
What do you mean all over the map?
Sports RSN's all in 600's Premiums 500's Spanish 400's Cable Channels 200 and 300's Locals 2-71
Sunday Ticket 700's Music Channels 800's
Now does that look like all over the place.

100 range of channels is complicated. I like keeping it all under 400, and grouping by things like 10's. Example 200-215 is news channels. 300's are all of the premiums, including the blockbusters ones. Low 100's are your "home channels"(USA, Comedy Central), 140-159 is sports. These are easier to remember specific areas to aim to check out what kind of TV mood in in. Granted, this is all based on opinion. I just can't stand my brothers DTV channel number line up. He hates my Dish Line Up though.

100 range of channels is complicated. I like keeping it all under 400, and grouping by things like 10's. Example 200-215 is news channels. 300's are all of the premiums, including the blockbusters ones. Low 100's are your "home channels"(USA, Comedy Central), 140-159 is sports. These are easier to remember specific areas to aim to check out what kind of TV mood in in. Granted, this is all based on opinion. I just can't stand my brothers DTV channel number line up. He hates my Dish Line Up though.
Yeah DISH's lineup is great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish that DISH would re-align some of their channels so that the sports channels were all together near the other premium sports channels and the RSN. Also put all the other cable channels down closer to the other cable channels. Like the FXX , WGN, Spike Ovation etc ,should be moved down lower on the channel range so they are grouped with the other cable channels.

Reactions: kozmo104 and Tampa8
Some of those are because of old alignments - WGN as a Superstation for instance is still with them.

Either way Pay TV is already expensive and if it wasn't for the wife and kids that watch TV more than I do
I would of dropped it or at least suspend
They don't like the idea of having entertainment through internet, which means searching around

Even though we have a Roku 3 but prefers TV.

Same for me,if it was just me,I would be done with pay tv.Gotta keep the family thier shows though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts