Why doesn't D* make an offer for the remaining assets of Rainbow ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have also wondered why or if they would try to get the content. If sure its not all great, but equally sure its not all bad. I mean don't they have the exclusive rights the the NFL Channel-HD? What about the Tennis Channel, isn't that exclusive too? They also have to have a few decent movies in their 10 self made HD channels. What other channels do they have ? I did notice at least that as of 10am this morning V* dot com was back online with new phone numbers, so maybe Dolan is pressing hard and will keep it on the air.

What assets are there for Directv to get, a few programming contracts? The receivers are not compatible with Directv's broadcasts. There are very few customers who would be new to Directv. Directv would probably rather negotiate it's own contracts seeing 14 million subscribers give a much better bargining power than 30-40 thousand does.

boba said:
What assets are there for Directv to get, a few programming contracts? The receivers are not compatible with Directv's broadcasts. There are very few customers who would be new to Directv. Directv would probably rather negotiate it's own contracts seeing 14 million subscribers give a much better bargining power than 30-40 thousand does.

40-50K HD customers is pretty good in my book. $10.99 a customer....& growing & some of the HD programming I'd be interested in (Monster movies...yeah baby!)...along with getting my HD-DVR in the near future...

Barney

Barneypoo69 said:
40-50K HD customers is pretty good in my book. $10.99 a customer....& growing & some of the HD programming I'd be interested in (Monster movies...yeah baby!)...along with getting my HD-DVR in the near future...

Barney

But there's a number of these 40-50K that would drop V* if D* took them over becaus they don't like Rupert or won't be a customer of a company that does HD Lite. They also don't have the capacity at this time to add any more HD programming (I'd rather see them add the national HD channels that are out there now vs. Voom specific).

Barneypoo69 said:

Barney
DIRECTV as over half a MILLION HD subs v* as 40-50k :cool:

E* also already has dishes pointing at 61.5

D* only has a few left of 101, small %age

MonsterHD is the Only channel I've seen worth having......would I pay for it, NO!
if included in HD package I'd watch a few movies they had

I happen to like some of Voom's programming. I like Rush HD, Rave HD, & Animania HD from what I have seen. I have also caught a few movies on Monsters HD and the Kung FU HD channel that I have enjoyed. While I don't have Voom I do hope that if they do not pull through something positive happens with their programming. I have said before I feel a new HD lineup of Voom 1 & 2 could easily be created (something similar to InHD 1 & 2) and made available to all providers. They have plenty of programming to keep 2 channels going with few repeats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts