Why doesn't my Winegard FL5500a pick up my local NBC affiliate?

camprad

Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
old town, maine
Here's my TV Fool report: tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d2c1530397fde34

I'm able to get everything I'm concerned about except for WLBZ (my local NBC affiliate) and I don't understand why. I'm able to get WVII, WFVX, WABI, and WMEB consistently and clearly.

I called Winegard and talked to their support and was told that the antenna should pick it up, but the guy I talked to wasn't incredibly convincing.

Can you help me understand what might be happening and what I can do to resolve the problem?

Maybe because your ABC is on the lowest VHF Lo (CH 2) channel. Think that antenna is mainly UHF (14 +) with some performance on VHF Hi (7 thru 13). The 'Real' channels. Not the 'virtual'.
Find a set of rabbit ears, or make a ch 2 folded dipole(??) and add to the existing with a UHF/VHF combiner.
the overall width of said DIY antenna is approx 93 inches. 5600/F Mhz

yeah unfortunately your market has a station (NBC not ABC as Fat Air noted) that is on Low VHF. There arent that many stations that stayed in that area (2-6) when the conversion happened. Some smaller market stations did just to save money

Your market is unique as you really only need a VHF antenna to get all the nets
2 NBC
13 CBS & CW (remaps to 5)
7 ABC & FOX (there is a translator on 22 but its the same thing)
9 PBS (they do have a translator on 25)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)