Why Doesn't Voom Make Their Own STB's?

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
With all the complaints with Motorola's STB's, why couldn't Voom just produce their own STB's and that way they could test them and tweak them to their satisfaction? Maybe this way we could get a more accurate reading as to whether or not it is the STB causing the pixelation problems or at Voom's digital uplink facility.

Most companies that provide a service to end users do NOT make there own equipment. They have to much capital and other interests to finance and keep track of. Dish, DTV, Cable companies....None of them make there own box though they may brand it as there own.

I assumed that DISH made their own equipment. Unless of course it is a third party that makes them. I just figured if Voom or its customers were unhappy with Motorola, then why wouldn't they just make it themselves, despite the fact that they may have other priorities. I hope if it is another manufacturer, that it is Sony. I love them as a company and pretty much every audio/video component I own is a Sony.

HDVoomer said:
I assumed that DISH made their own equipment. Unless of course it is a third party that makes them. I just figured if Voom or its customers were unhappy with Motorola, then why wouldn't they just make it themselves, despite the fact that they may have other priorities. I hope if it is another manufacturer, that it is Sony. I love them as a company and pretty much every audio/video component I own is a Sony.

Dish just has the manufacturer label them when they are made. Just like Radio Shack stuff is made by other companies and relabelled (Tandy/Radio Shack only manufactures wire and cable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)