Why don't they make one of these?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I have yet to replace my old analog receiver.

I still have it because of one reason....polarity!

I can flip a channel and it will flip my polarity from H to V and vice versa. It also has the ability to adjust the skew for the highest signal.

They have not produced (or that I ever remember seeing) a device that will take the 13 and 18 volt change from the and flip the polorator, and adjust it for the best signal.

A voltage switched lnbf works ok, but it has a drifty l.o. and makes it hard to lock some low s/r transponders. A chapral bullseye is ok, but costs about $400.

They made a pansat receiver that did that, but I have no use for it and it doesn't do HD or dvb-s2.

Why have they yet to have made such a product? A small little box, that you would hook the poloators wires into, and then lnb in and lnb out, and be able to flip the polorator.

Someone actually does, but it's a kit. Called "servo buddy"

T & L Publications, Inc :: Project Kits :: SERVO Buddy :: SERVO Buddy Kit

I can flip a channel and it will flip my polarity from H to V and vice versa. It also has the ability to adjust the skew for the highest signal.

They have not produced (or that I ever remember seeing) a device that will take the 13 and 18 volt change from the and flip the polorator, and adjust it for the best signal.

A voltage switched lnbf works ok, but it has a drifty l.o. and makes it hard to lock some low s/r transponders. A chapral bullseye is ok, but costs about $400.

They made a pansat receiver that did that, but I have no use for it and it doesn't do HD or dvb-s2.

Why have they yet to have made such a product? A small little box, that you would hook the poloators wires into, and then lnb in and lnb out, and be able to flip the polorator.

looks like that is for servos on robots and such. Dunno if that could be used for a feedhorn servo.

Don't know why it wouldn't work, but if you are into the arduino someone has made a project on it for exactly this reason. It's sort of a kit, maybe he would even make one for you.

Budfoot Files

looks like that is for servos on robots and such. Dunno if that could be used for a feedhorn servo.

There actually is already a pretty good thread on this.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...168889-polarotor-servo-controller-design.html

been there ...

We've discussed a servo-twister here on the forum in the last year or two.
One member even built a prototype device that detected 13/18volts and slewed the servo for ya.
edit: oops, comfrey linked to it, above. :)
And, it came out that there had been a similar commercial product 10..20 years ago.

Sadoun even discussed the possibility of adding the feature to a new model Gbox.
But with the bad economy, that fell through.

Give the Advanced Search a try.. I'm sure you can find info on the subject.

Last edited:
Well I guess I will hold off a few months and see if sadoun will make one. If we get enough people interested, it might spark and interest for him to make some. The device mentioned is a very good idea, but with 2 devices, there would be more insertion loss then using one gbox with polorator controls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)