Why get a usb wfii adapter on a 722/k w built in homeplug?

If you're talking about the DishCOMM Setup then yes it's "Online" and searching for other receivers to pair with. Doesn't mean you're actually online.

Also, even if you had DishCOMM set up it's not gonna be able to pull in VoD or DRA. A wireless adapter is much better.

If you're talking about the DishCOMM Setup then yes it's "Online" and searching for other receivers to pair with. Doesn't mean you're actually online.

Also, even if you had DishCOMM set up it's not gonna be able to pull in VoD or DRA. A wireless adapter is much better.
I ran the (2nd) test in broadband install. I can get all VOD. Some are HD/SD instant and some HD say watch in X vs. now.

Oh. What about MENU-6-3-Connection?

Does it say Broadband OK?

So let me get this straight. You have no Ethernet cord, and no Wi-Fi adapter hooked up, AND you receive Broadband OK?

If so, congratulations, you are the owner of the first DISH receiver in the world that can do that.

i did explain this already. he is probably getting it from one of his neighbors with homeplug set up. not supposed to work like that but stranger things have happened.

easy way to tell. kill the power on your router and see if you lose broadband on the receiver. if you do, then some device in your house is providing homeplug to the wiring. if you don't, then thank your neighbor.

Last edited:
i did explain this already. he is probably getting it from one of his neighbors with homeplug set up. not supposed to work like that but stranger things have happened.

easy way to tell. kill the power on your router and see if you lose broadband on the receiver. if you do, then some device in your house is providing homeplug to the wiring. if you don't, then thank your neighbor.
Yup, just tried disconnecting my modem and VOD works. This is an old area, so I guess they crossed the AC lines. That's why I was confused on the need.

Last edited:
now to figure out which neighbor you owe a beer or two, too.

what's really crazy about this is that there are many people who can't get it to work in their own home. mine works, but it's real slow. when i want to download something i drag a wire from the router.

as long as you are both on the same leg of the same transformer, homeplug can work.

{delete from here}
the receivers are supposed to know that they are on different accounts and not allow the communication to proceed.

Last edited:
Yup, just tried disconnecting my modem and VOD works. This is an old area, so I guess they crossed the AC lines. That's why I was confused on the need.
keep in mind.. now that you know ... you can get in serious trouble if that someone ever finds you and you're still using their connection. This also gives you ample reason why *not* to use that technology for receiver connections ... accidental misconfig and you're open to everyone on your street getting access...

keep in mind.. now that you know ... you can get in serious trouble if that someone ever finds you and you're still using their connection. This also gives you ample reason why *not* to use that technology for receiver connections ... accidental misconfig and you're open to everyone on your street getting access...

mostly true. depends on the neighbor. i leave my wireless open so everyone can share. but i'm weird that way.

That's pretty good. I can't even get my 2 receivers to "see" each other in the same house! :eek:

that's why i was so suprised. have you tried plugging both units directly into the wall outlet? also, silly question, are both on the same account? I have one receiver that on a different account and it can't see my other ones. at least the DishComm part doesn't work anyway.

Yes, both are on the same account. The 722 and k. I will try the 211k later...I think they use surge protectors. Will try direct later.

Surge protectors or UPS can interfere with DISHCOMM. Personally I would not dream of havinga DVR without an UPS so I have never bothered with DISHCOMM.

Where the theological place of eternal punishment did they dig that up? Except possibly for a unit for U-Verse, Belkin's been out of the UPS business for several years (2008 or so??).
Really?

http://www.belkin.com/power/

They still list battery backup / ups on their power page .... even if belkin isn't *making* the units themselves.. they're perfectly happy with slapping their name on someone else's work.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)