Why is Anik F2 so hard to get in AZ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the degrees number of the satellite, names of the satellites change. Mine is at 85w or 87w easy to find.

What is the degrees number of the satellite, names of the satellites change. Mine is at 85w or 87w easy to find.
IT's at 111. I dont think the name for this one changed. It appears the beam is mostly pointed at Canada. Not much on it either. I was thinking that they would have at least a strong beacon to point at.

Well, it IS a Canadian satellite, and is primarily aimed at Canada and the Northern Territories...

33dBW, C-band should be doable with a 10 footer that's in good shape, and aimed well. Forget KU, as you'd need at least a 13 footer for that...

Besides, you don't HAVE to have a true south satellite to properly aim a polar mount, though it does help. It's fairly rare to actually be located in a spot where the polar mount is properly oriented, AND aimed exactly dead-square on your true south sat.

Well, it IS a Canadian satellite, and is primarily aimed at Canada and the Northern Territories...

33dBW, C-band should be doable with a 10 footer that's in good shape, and aimed well. Forget KU, as you'd need at least a 13 footer for that...

Besides, you don't HAVE to have a true south satellite to properly aim a polar mount, though it does help. It's fairly rare to actually be located in a spot where the polar mount is properly oriented, AND aimed exactly dead-square on your true south sat.

The problem is the bird only has one active transponder on Cband. By the appearance of it, your lucky if it ever sees the light of day. Other than that there are a few analoge transponders but who knows if that info's up to date. What I ended up doing was using both birds next door and splitting the difference. So far all is well. Both C and KU working fine. I am getting 90-100 percent quality on most transponders with everything above 80 so far. This is on a 10 foot DEEP dish. Happy with the performance so far.

Good to hear that you got it.
One of the "C" channels there (111W) is also now on 101W. Probably the most interesting one.

The bird is like non existent down here and it stinks because its my true south bird. Anik F1R and Eutelsat next door to it comes in great! Ugggh!

Odd, Anik F2 C-band is a little weaker than Anik F1R and Eutelsat 113 West A (but not so much that I can't get data transmissions, occ feeds and the full-time video service from Anik F2). Ku-band is not too bad (about the same strength as Anik F1R) and I'm using a 10' dish in NM. You may want to try using a Ku-band FTA signal for alignment since it might be stronger for you than some of the signals on the c-band side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)