Why is DISH's Payperview HD so bad?

alexgmny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
NYC
The selections are very bad. Why cant they have the same movies that they offering in SD? I dont know if this questions was posted before and answer.

We've been through it before and it appears to be that the movie companys don't want alot of their movies released in HD as they want people to buy the DVD's instead. But I'm right there with you. I really would love some good selections in HD on the PPV channel.

Also there are some modifications out there to the old Dish 6000 which allow Dish programming to be recorded on DVHS or files. So the studios want to keep the good stuff "out of harms way" by not having it available on PPV on Dish.

I'm guessing that a MPEG4 HD-PPV might loosen up the strings a bit, or even a "Dish On Demand" model. Still I'm surprised that this has gone on for so long. I've had Dish HD since early 2003 and the HD-PPV situation is the same today as it was back then. A few poor HD movies shown over and over, with a few special events thrown in to break up the continuity. So when you want to watch a movie at Primetime, there's usually a ballgame on which you don't sub to.

Cyclone said:
Also there are some modifications out there to the old Dish 6000 which allow Dish programming to be recorded on DVHS or files. So the studios want to keep the good stuff "out of harms way" by not having it available on PPV on Dish. <...>
That's really old news - R5000 support all ViP receivers now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts