Why is it....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grosek

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
...when you open to the home page of this site, everything is Dish, Dish, Dish...never DirecTv is doing this or DirecTv is doing that?

Also to you Buffalo HD local channel hopefuls out there, from what I got out of a CSR April 4th is our go to live date....guess like with everything else from D* it's a wait and see.

This is just a more Dish centric site (nothing wrong with that). DBSTalk is the more DirecTV centric site (although they do have a lot of Dish info as well).

Both site cover both, this one just covers more DISH that D* is all, but there is plenty of D* info in the D* forums.

Jimbo

Didn't Scott mention before that there is usually more Dish info on the home page because DirecTV information is more difficult to come by.. like.. they kind of hold information from the public pretty much until it happens? I think I remember reading a post from him before that said if he had the information, he would glady put it there.

-Dan

Is it that hard to find D* news? This week they fire up HD LIL's in four cities, not a peep about it on the news section. But there's a big write up about an IMAX theater coming later this summer in New Hampshire.

dan had it right, its hard to come by Directv information, plus most of the staff have Dish network, so they dont cover Directv, we are trying to change that believe me! :)

So by not announcing general information like the launch of 4 HD local markets to go live on D*? That was so hard to come by?

Is it that hard to find D* news? This week they fire up HD LIL's in four cities, not a peep about it on the news section. But there's a big write up about an IMAX theater coming later this summer in New Hampshire.

That one really made me go hmmm.

The press release received and 24hrs later still no update WOW.
Boy we see where Charlie spends his money.

I guess you can say it's old news by now. Hopefully there will be something here next Wednesday when the next batch is supposed to go up.

I'll bet you 10 dollars it won't make the front page, but you can buy a used 811 for 99cents will.

I defantely will. :)

BTW when DirecTV turns on its 100 HD channels by the end of the year then that too will go on the front page.

With that said I don't count on putting that on the homepage. :D

If E lights up one Local city in HD I'll bet it will be Frontpage and editorial on how they are getting it done.

If E lights up one Local city in HD I'll bet it will be Frontpage and editorial on how they are getting it done.

Oh, I see... E* getting a new market in HD really IS news, while D* adding yet another four markets to it's ever growing list of HD LiL markets is no longer news... I guess that's the price of success.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts