Why is no one watching NBC's Thursday lineup?

The Office has been unbearable for about 4 years now. Community is hit-or-miss. Haven't got into anything else on NBC on any night, not just Thursday.

There are only a few decent sit-coms on TV period (Big Bang, Last Man, Mike & Molly). All the others are nothing but contrived pap. NBC has had a couple of decent dramas that probably would have made it on other channels. I'll bet if Prime Suspect had been on CBS it would have gotten a good audience. Life from a couple of years ago was an excellent show and probably would still be alive on another network. It's surprising how many people actually pay attention to the network rather than a show itself and don't give some a chance.

I haven't watched "Community" for months, but today I pulled the 4/26 episode off PTAT and watched. It was a totally hilarious sendup of "Law & Order", where the students are trying to find out who killed their biology lab project (yams growing in a jar). You should check it out. I don't know if every show is this good, but this one was a hoot.

Apparently you didn't watch the episode from the week before that. See if you can find it online and let us know how far you made it through....

"Community" Virtual Systems Analysis (2012) - Synopsis

I liked My Name is Earl and was very disappointed when they cancelled it. I also watched Chuck before it was cancelled. I still watch The Office. I also watch The Voice, America's Got Talent and Awake. The local news on the nbc affiliate seems to be the main one people watch around here. Not as many good shows as they used to have. Fox and CBS have more shows lately that I have been watching and a few on ABC as well.

My wife and I both liked Earl the first 2 or 3 seasons,then it got really stupid.If you want Earl lite try Raising Hope.Same characters,just about all the old Earl cast has been on it.I liked it some first season but can't stand it anymore.Wife is in agreement with me.I'm surprised they re-newed it for another season.

It's surprising how many people actually pay attention to the network rather than a show itself and don't give some a chance.

I think the problem is if you do not watch a network you will not see promos for the new shows. The same show starting on CBS vs NBC would be much better known at first since CBS could market it to a much larger audience in advance. The golden era of NBC Thursday nights drove the rest of the week since the rest of the network could be cross promoted. People are just too busy to pay attention to new shows if they are not endlessly promoted.

Life and Journeyman were probably the last drama's we watched much on NBC. We started watching Smash after The Voice, but with my 2 nephews baseball leagues 3 nights a week and tournaments on weekends plus football workouts starting in 2 weeks, I just deleted the last 6 episodes off the dvr as they weren't going to get watched anytime soon.