Why is SNY playing second fiddle to YES?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
YES has all games in HD this year including road games and SNY cannot get the road game in HD? And tomorrow insult me more because ESPN is doing the Cards/Mets in HD but it will blocked out in NY area and we have to watch the SNY horroundous SD game.

Because YES has like a 4 year head start?

ummm.... Yes just started doing games in HD last year with just the game in HD. Pregame and post game plus highlights were all done in SD as well as the studio, SNY started last year with Studio in HD, pregame and post game in HD and home games in HD, it will look like the next step would have been to have the road games in HD but not they have to be beaten to the punch by YES.

YES has all games in HD this year including road games and SNY cannot get the road game in HD? And tomorrow insult me more because ESPN is doing the Cards/Mets in HD but it will blocked out in NY area and we have to watch the SNY horroundous SD game.

SNY may have 1 issue with that being affiliated with Comcast Sports. Essentially SNY is a comcast RSN provider and just like FSN they don't seem too keen on doing HD away games. The usual excuses about HD trucks, blah, blah, blah. Maybe next season SNY will do all road games in HD but with Comcast affiliation wouldn't hold my breath. Only YES and NESN covers all games home and away in HD that they broadcast, no other RSN I know does it. You could however have it worse if it was like MASN (Orioles and Nationals) NO HD, home or away. Ewwww. I shudder at the thought.

Because YES has like a 4 year head start?

I don't think it has to do with that at all. YES just decided to make the financial commitment to doing the games in HD. I believe even the Yankees games on MY9NY (21 in all, 16 home and 5 away will be provided in High Definition) since Yes does the production for the broadcast on MY9. Its all about the money and spending it.

NYCTrancefan,

I agree with you... That will be great if MY9NY games are broadcast in HD. I will keep my finger cross on those.

We know the MY9 home games will be in HD, as MY9HD started to broadcast the home games in HD late last season. With only 5 away games, I am sure they'll be in HD as well.

ummm.... Yes just started doing games in HD last year with just the game in HD. Pregame and post game plus highlights were all done in SD as well as the studio, SNY started last year with Studio in HD, pregame and post game in HD and home games in HD, it will look like the next step would have been to have the road games in HD but not they have to be beaten to the punch by YES.

True but that was not what he was referring to. YES has been around longer and is a bit more stable and able to make the investmemt. Ia sm sure that it will come for SNY as well. Just not as quickly.

True but that was not what he was referring to. YES has been around longer and is a bit more stable and able to make the investmemt. Ia sm sure that it will come for SNY as well. Just not as quickly.

I think that has something to it but not the whole truth... it cost money to do this and the Yankees have always found a way in NY to outspent the Mets. My point was that the Mets had a chance to claim at least this victory but again failed to deliver.

I think that it was clear what the other poster meant. Yes (no pun intended) the yankees are outspending the Mets. Nothing new there. But there was no eason to act like he had no idea what hewas talking about.

Thanks Geronimo.

Couple the headstart that YES has and the fact that SNNY is partnered with not one, but two cable cos, the fact that they're probably going to have to shell out $ for a pitching staff starter before the trading deadline, and the cost of a new ballpark, I expect a lag in what SNNY does in comparison to YES, especially since the Yankees have deeper coffers.

If you're not a hardcore Jets fan, SNNY loses most of it's relevance from November to March, while YES has Nets games, home games in HD.

I do agree that they eventually have to start that HD truck rolling to away games and being less restrictive as to where that HD feed is allowed. I'm in the NY RSN area, but the only time I see the Mets in HD is unblocked ESPN games and the postseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts