Why no $5 fee for 322?

freak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Why is there no $5 fee for a 322 if it is connected to a phone line? How does dish benefit from this?

Its been discussed many times, the main gain for dish is it keeps iPPV available to customers. If you had two 311s you wouldn't be able to escape a $5 fee for two tvs.

If you really want to pay E* $5 more dollars just disconnect your phone line, they will be more than happy to add it to your bill

It just seems odd. You can take subscribe two 311's, give one to your neighbor and dish is happy. Now take a 322 which can't be physically separated and you must keep it connected. It very much seems like it should be the opposite. Force the phone line on the 311's so they can see that they are located at the same house and not worry about the 322 since it has to be at the same house.

Only 25 posts and you think you can call him out like that???:rolleyes:
That is only a little more than a 1/2 post each month.:D
It very much seems like it should be the opposite. Force the phone line on the 311's so they can see that they are located at the same house and not worry about the 322 since it has to be at the same house.
I agree with you, but Dish has never moved very fast with anything - which is actually good with the courts.:D
However, I think they are just slowly laying the ground work for the future, which will then require the receivers to be physically connected to each other either by the same phone wiring or the in house electrical wires.

This will require you to run a phone cable across the street to your neighbors; or maybe an extension cord if using the electrical service, since the power transformer would isolate the signal.:eureka :D

Sorry, but most people ask why they charge the fee, not why they waive it, so I guess i didn't understand and just gave the general answer.

Well since the 322 can have 2 independent rooms for viewing, they came up with plugging in a phone line to the receiver as a way to waive the $5 fee for additional rooms that you'd normally get by having a second single room receiver

I thought they stopped charging the $5 fee on the 322, I have 2 and they are not plugged in for months and no fee. Must be lucky. Same thing with one of the 622's.

That is only a little more than a 1/2 post each month.:D
I agree with you, but Dish has never moved very fast with anything - which is actually good with the courts.:D
However, I think they are just slowly laying the ground work for the future, which will then require the receivers to be physically connected to each other either by the same phone wiring or the in house electrical wires.

This will require you to run a phone cable across the street to your neighbors; or maybe an extension cord if using the electrical service, since the power transformer would isolate the signal.:eureka :D

What are they planning to do with the increasing percent of households that do not have a traditional land line? Cell phones have replaced POTS for many these days.

About cell phones replacing the phone lines - I guess it's a small enough percentage of households like this (mostly young, urban customers with good wireless coverage). So the Sat company is not worried about loosing too much business, especially that someone can just eat the extra $5 or switch to cable...
I don't have a phone line, but I have a cheap vonage ($15/month+taxes), and fortunately it works with the Vip622...

DISH benefits because it shows that all of the receivers on the account are at a single physical address.

DISH benefits because it shows that all of the receivers on the account are at a single physical address.

1. The 322 is one unit so it can't possibly be at two locations.

2. Caller ID would be needed at dish and many people have that blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)