Why no MSG or YES in HD from DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
YES is in HD on D*. It's not a full-time HD station so you have to turn to either ch. 95 (MPEG-2) or 96 (MPEG-4) to see the Nets or Yankees games, when they're available in HD.

There's an affiliation between the folks who run Madison Square Garden and Cablevision, same owner, and they choose not to make HD available to satellite at this time.

YES is in HD on D*. It's not a full-time HD station so you have to turn to either ch. 95 (MPEG-2) or 96 (MPEG-4) to see the Nets or Yankees games, when they're available in HD.

There's an affiliation between the folks who run Madison Square Garden and Cablevision, same owner, and they choose not to make HD available to satellite at this time.

Let's hope the YES network doesn't monopolize channel 95 this year.

Jimbo

Main reason is because D* has no room on their Sats to add any new fulltime HD
sure they can show a HD speical ever now and then.....Woopie~!
or shut down one HD to show another one

Thats because LAST YEAR it was the only one available......

Can't tell where your from ~~~~~~~~can we ?

Jimbo

Or where your from either, but that is not the point at all.

And your post info is TOTALLY wrong. Last year there WERE other games on channel 95 once they lit the 20 or so RSNs. The exceptions were there were no NESN games (don't know why).

But it really would be economics that drive what games are on, and if thats the case, the game expected to get the highest rating would be shown in most cases.
Yes, I'm from NY, but also yes, the YES network is the highest rated RSN. If you want to think I said that because of where I'm from, you'd be wrong. And it wouldn't matter to me, I get the YES games also on channel 96 in MPEG4.

Heck why put on a Marlins game, they don't even get 12,000 fans in their staduim.

Or where your from either, but that is not the point at all.

And your post info is TOTALLY wrong. Last year there WERE other games on channel 95 once they lit the 20 or so RSNs. The exceptions were there were no NESN games (don't know why).

But it really would be economics that drive what games are on, and if thats the case, the game expected to get the highest rating would be shown in most cases.
Yes, I'm from NY, but also yes, the YES network is the highest rated RSN. If you want to think I said that because of where I'm from, you'd be wrong. And it wouldn't matter to me, I get the YES games also on channel 96 in MPEG4.

Heck why put on a Marlins game, they don't even get 12,000 fans in their staduim.

Whens then last time you saw a Marlins game on 95 , unless they were playing the Yankees ?

It was nice late in the year when OTHER teams were shown as well.
I have nothing against the Yankees, other than the fact that they can BUY whatever channels they want...
Why did the Yanks have to dominate channel 95 when they could easily bought their own channel in HD (96 in your area) Why show them to the nation and tie up a potential channel for HD that could be showing HD games to people to thier local teams.
You had ESPN every other night and 95 on most nights, that left no channels for any other teams to use, why tie up 2 HD feeds (actually 3 with 96 as well) with one game.

At least the Tigers took care of the Yanks when it counted most, rather easily if I remember correctly.

Jimbo

Whens then last time you saw a Marlins game on 95 , unless they were playing the Yankees ?

It was nice late in the year when OTHER teams were shown as well.
I have nothing against the Yankees, other than the fact that they can BUY whatever channels they want...
Why did the Yanks have to dominate channel 95 when they could easily bought their own channel in HD (96 in your area) Why show them to the nation and tie up a potential channel for HD that could be showing HD games to people to thier local teams.
You had ESPN every other night and 95 on most nights, that left no channels for any other teams to use, why tie up 2 HD feeds (actually 3 with 96 as well) with one game.

At least the Tigers took care of the Yanks when it counted most, rather easily if I remember correctly.

Jimbo

jimbo - you can't really be blaming the Yankees for DirecTv showing them on channel 95 can you. Doesn't DirecTv make that decison?

Oh, and yeah from July 1 thru end of season there were often multimple games on channel 95 daily, and yes there were FSN Florida games on there as well.

Questioner / Scobuck - add some value to the conversation, will ya?

As for the OP - the going rumour is that YES-HD goes fulltime ~ April 1st.

As for MSG / FSNY - expect snow in hell first, unless the Dolans sell.

YES in in HD 24x7 and has been since last summer. It's in MPEG4 however and only available on the New York spotbeam. It's the same channel number as the regular YES station.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2300004

YES is only PART-TIME HD and on channel 96. Believe, me I live here. What it says in the press release on your link is that the RSNS that ARE 24/7 are available at the same channel number (but YES HD is on 96 - NOT on 622). But in a sense it could be construed as accurate since to the best of my knowledge, the only HD on YES so far are most Yankee games and Nets HOME games, both of which can be seen on channel 96 (and many also on channel 95).

I was the originator of the 24/7 YES hd rumor, and I stand by it. The info comes from a friend at Cox who says they will be carrying it at the start of the baseball season, so the April 1st date may be off by a couple of days, but YES should be full time hd soon.

Did anyone notice the 2 new channels in the 620-ish range? (for those with MPEG4 boxes)

Raoul - looking like you can cash in some chips... :)

I was the originator of the 24/7 YES hd rumor, and I stand by it. The info comes from a friend at Cox who says they will be carrying it at the start of the baseball season, so the April 1st date may be off by a couple of days, but YES should be full time hd soon.

I can't remember where, but I read an article stating that YES was going to launch full-time HD around April 1. I suspect that any provider who says they're carrying full-time YES-HD now is really upscaling (except for games).

Last summer I e-mailed D* on the full-time YES-HD issue; their response was that they would carry it when YES makes it available, implying that it's not available yet.

According to posts in dbstalk, both HD channels are now up and running. Of course, they still don't have full-time HD content, but this is a next step for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts