Why No Outputs

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Are you talking about/do you have a TV (with tuners built in) or a display/monitor (you connect everything to it, through set-tops or a A/V switcher)?

My "display" (a HD FPTV) has no outputs. I run everything, including all set-top boxes into my Yamaha A/V unit and the only thing my display gets is one monitor out cable fed from the Yamaha via a hidden wall run and ceiling outlet..

In fact, I just looked at my HD UltraVision RPTV in the bedroom (its about 5yo or so) and it too has no outputs.

Last edited:

PATONENOW

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
central WISCONSIN
Thanks for the answers!
I would surmise then that the makers are too scared to even let you record anything anymore. I have a 12 year old 32" toshiba with 3 inputs and outputs plus the usual s-video ones. So I guess I will not be buying any "new' stuff for a long time and as I can convert digital to analog when it is needed I am all set and perhaps I am only one but if more had my attitude then maybe the makers would get it. A big shame when you could record to a vcr and no problems and now they are telling you what you can only buy and only how they decide what to include with it.
I am just a simple person and HD just doesn't blow me away but at least I have my D*tivo's and it makes my life easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)