Why should some of us pay the same for less?

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Why should some of us pay the same for HD as others when we don't get our RSN in HD or our locals in HD? This to me seem unfair, I tolerated it when it was just about the locals but now with some people having both their local in HD and their RSN in HD doesn't seem fair at all! Come on E please give all of our RSN and locals or give us a stipend

I understand the argument about RSNs, but remember locals you only get if you pay for.

To be honest, the FoxRM HD RSN hasn't had MUCH AT ALL. It shows up as a channel, but its usually empty -- hopefully that will change over time.

That is an excellent point. I feel the same way, but if you look at it another way...

Why should people that get RSNs and locals pay extra when they may not even watch them?

More reason for E* to have a full service ala carte option! You want ESPN.. $3/month... HDNet.. $1.50.. etc.

I understand the argument about RSNs, but remember locals you only get if you pay for.

To be honest, the FoxRM HD RSN hasn't had MUCH AT ALL. It shows up as a channel, but its usually empty -- hopefully that will change over time.

Yes i understand I do pay for my locals but only get them in SD, I wasn't aware that I would have to pay more to get them in HD?

"To be honest, the FoxRM HD RSN hasn't had MUCH AT ALL. It shows up as a channel, but its usually empty "

and that's probably why they turned it on. The ones that have a lot of HD content are not on yet.

CORRECT, just as i stated we pay the same but get less!
I'm not arguing with you. I'm in the same boat as you are (for now). I'm just saying that there's not an extra charge for HD locals. When they become available to you, they'll be free.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm in the same boat as you are (for now). I'm just saying that there's not an extra charge for HD locals. When they become available to you, they'll be free.

Oh I know your not arguing with me. What a shame it is for us Its not like tv entertainment is inexpensive I pay about 125.00 a month for a 622 and a 322, Top 250 and HBO STARZ package with dvr advantage and autopay To me i should get what everyone else gets for the same amount of money not Oh here you ay this same amount but we are going to give some people more viewing options than you sorry!

Yes i understand I do pay for my locals but only get them in SD, I wasn't aware that I would have to pay more to get them in HD?

No, you wouldn't. You would just pay for the locals, and if they include HD, you'd get them in the package. sorry for the confusion on that. I was just trying to say that locals aren't technically subsidized by all users.

No matter what they did someone would say they were shortchanged. Some folks in small markets have complained that they only get 4 locals but folks in NY/LA/Chicago get many more. If they went to charging per channel the folks in the larger markets would scream that they are 'forced' to pay for channels they do not watch.

I am not sure where you are from. From the avatar I assume somewhere in NE. Consider yourself lucky that you are so close to heaven that you can have your picture taken there.

Look at it this way:

Everyone pays the same $$ amount for the package they subscribe to. Some people, in some areas, get more channels .... for free.

Yeap, my understanding is that the shopping channels pay the cable and satellite providers to be carried, not the other way around.

I agree with DONJOY

Here is a question I sent Dishnetwork:

Question: "By going to on-line forums I have determined that Starz HD and DVR recording capability is available at no additional charge for those subscribing to the AEP, but only if they have a MPEG-4 HD Receiver with a DVR. I don't think it is fair that others are getting additional services for the same price I pay. What do you have to offer folks like me?"

BOHICA, the answer:

"Thank you for your email. At DishNetwork, we do value all our customers and don’t differentiate between them. Starz in HD is available for customers who have an MPEG4 HD receiver and subscribe to Starz Super Pack. As for DVR fee, we do waive that fee for customers who subscribe to AEP . You would take advantage of that promotion if you upgrade your system to a DVR receiver. We are excited to announce that at this time, we do have exclusive promotions available to our existing customers, which offer discounts on equipment and installation! Please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474. Some of the promotions do have expiration dates, so please call at your earliest convenience.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email."

If my business is so greatly appreciated, why, in the final analysis, are they really saying tough luck. Anyway, like an idiot responding to SPAM, I got a 622. That's the real ploy - - getting folks to buy or lease a MPEG-4 Receiver before they have to give them one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts