Why Sirius when Pandora is Free?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't understand why broadcasters want to make it difficult to listen to their stations. Isn't the whole point of broadcasting to get listeners? I've got a great setup that allows me to stream internet audio through my HR20 boxes. It works well when the links stay in tact. I lost Clear Channel stations about a year ago and...guess what...I don't listen to them anymore. I have links to a few CBS stations. I'm guessing those won't work soon either. So when those links break, I'll find something else to listen to. All of this so that they can control the app so they can try to generate a little more ad revenue...

Another, not so cheap, method of listening to music is Napster. Their app for the iPhone is getting better all the time. Download albums to your phone and listen to them wherever you are.

I don't understand why broadcasters want to make it difficult to listen to their stations. Isn't the whole point of broadcasting to get listeners? I've got a great setup that allows me to stream internet audio through my HR20 boxes. It works well when the links stay in tact. I lost Clear Channel stations about a year ago and...guess what...I don't listen to them anymore. I have links to a few CBS stations. I'm guessing those won't work soon either. So when those links break, I'll find something else to listen to. All of this so that they can control the app so they can try to generate a little more ad revenue...

Another, not so cheap, method of listening to music is Napster. Their app for the iPhone is getting better all the time. Download albums to your phone and listen to them wherever you are.
Union Contracts..DJ's and anyone else on commercial station get more doe-re-me when a station is broadcast on the internet (In a streaming device)..similar situation with HULU and TV..HULU doesnt care if watch TV on a computer but they won't allow u to watch HULU on a ROKU (or other streaming device) without paying money

Pandora doesn't offer the talk content I've come to enjoy. NHL Home Ice, NFL Radio and MLB Network Radio for sports and my top three most listened to stations, The Virus, Playboy Radio and Spice Radio. I would rather listen to Sirius XM over Pandora. With Sirius XM there's more of a chance of me discovering music that I actually like that I haven't heard before. Pandora is great, but after paying closer attention what was being played, I could just load up my own person music library and get 95% of the same songs, minus that live cuts. I F'N HATE LIVE TRACKS!

I can't get it in my car. :mad: I can get,Sirius/XM, one thought I have is if they keep screwing with the channels my receivers will go in trash. :rant: I seem to listen to talk radio more than any thing...maybe Cousin Brucie once in awhile. I used to listen to truckers radio. When they started changing that around and losing shows I quit listening to that.

I don't really like listening to streaming audio on the computer it really sucks as far as I am concerned.:sick:
As I said above I can't get it in my car, I don't like the format of Pandora also. But Sirius/XM seems to be going downhill fast. :mad:

Just my thoughts. :coffee

In my location 3G or wifi is not available everywhere. Not to mention running over your data plan Gigabytes. Satellite signal is always there everywhere. You can leave your radio on 24 hours a day un attended without your radio logging you off etc.
The apps will log off due to inactivity.

no way the apps is a real replacement for the satellite signal.

Because Sirius radio from the satellite does not eat up data if you are not an unlimited data subscriber, your music is not interrupted when you get a phone call, and uneven cell signal coverage or congested data (slow connectiond) will not interrupt your music. ...belueve me- stay with a real satellite radio , Not internet.

I use slacker or pandora with a 16gb usb stick in my deck. I thought I would never cancel sirius but they just kept whacking away at it year after year until I had enough. My cell signal sucks in my area but audio streaming works fine even in non 3g areas.

Because Sirius radio from the satellite does not eat up data if you are not an unlimited data subscriber, your music is not interrupted when you get a phone call, and uneven cell signal coverage or congested data (slow connectiond) will not interrupt your music. ...believe me- stay with a real satellite radio , Not internet.
Agree 100%. I can set my favorite station and drive across the State and never miss a note. Cannot do that with internet radio.

RT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts