Why such an unusual lineup on HDPPV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Is HD that much more effective with animated programs? Why not many live action or big box office movies on HDPPV - are they not made available to dish in HD?

Just always wondered why always kids movies and anime on HDPPV - never checked it out b/c doesn't seem worth the $6.99 (I have phased the ancient technology of terestrial phone lines out of my life and am for some reason charged an extra dollar to order PPV by phone or online) when I've never heard of half the movies available.

The really stupid thing is that ExpresssVu in Canada usually has quite a good selection of HD PPV. I think Dish doesn't want to pay much for what they show on the HD PPV channel.

Recently they've been getting better though, lets hope the trend continues. The Ring 2, The Island, and War of the Worlds have been cycling through the past few weeks.

I made a recording of The Island off the HDPPV on 148 and the quality was as good as anything I saw out of the hddvd/bluray booths at CES. Of course the recorded movie is 20GB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts