Why the hopper drop the price?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
next year there will be a new hopper and the current one's will drop in price... that's just how technology moves

I didn't question "why" the cost went down, I just bought it, no questions asked! No regrets.

Thanks, is from dish depot, i assume that hopper drop the price for bugs or anythings.
Dish wants to move some more receivers. Ends up being a good thing for people leasing or owning as I think prices have come down on both sides. Pricing is much more competitive now than when the Hopper first came out.

Dish Depot pays the same for both Hopper models. Cost to retailers was cut in half a couple of months ago.

The dish rep online offered it to me for 100.00 with contract extension . I declined. I can get it for the same price at dish depot.

The $100 DD is quoting is most likely the same leased equipment offer the "dish rep online" gave you. It is not a purchase price.

Dish Hopper w/Sling is still $199 to own at Dish Depot.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I know that owning the Hopper is great if you don't want to commit to a 2 year contract, but what about when the box stops working and needs repair?
At least if you lease it from Dish and you have the $7.00 a month protection plan you would be would be covered for the repair or and exchange.

Protection plan or not, owned or not, Dish will replace the receivers if they fail. The most that comes out of your pocket is $17 for shipping.

Overall, it's pretty pointless to own your receivers, unless like in my case, have to buy Hoppers #3 and #4 since Dish will only lease 2 Hoppers.

Well consider me Pointless then, because I have owned all my DISH receivers on all 3 of my accounts going over 16 years now. I have never leased a receiver other than a small 2 months of the 522 to test it and see if I like the new system. Once I found out that I did liked the new software( name based recording) after coming from the 721/921 , I decided to upgrade to the 942 hd dvr. I bought two. I like being able to have no obligation or commitment with DISH and I can trade in my old receivers to dishdepot.com for credit, towards the newest receiver once they hit the market. I also own my own satellite dishes and lnbs, switches ,etc. I also own both of my vehicles and do NOT like LEASES of any kind. I own my mobile home and it's paid off too. I guess it is really up to the individual, whether they want to lease or own their equipment , their cars, house etc. But I for one want to own what I have.

Vehicles and satellite receivers are a totally different story. Leasing vehicles is IMO pointless. Leasing receivers, not so much as it's cheaper upfront and if you're going to be staying 2 years then commitments don't matter anyway. There are no monthly discounts for owning receivers and as often as newer tech comes out with leased receivers you can just upgrade for cheap anyway.

I can see some benefit of owning when doing an upgrade, but as a new customer if you plan on staying for at least a year, there is a major financial loss to owning as not only do you have a much larger initial outlay, but you miss out on new customer discounts on programming. Double whammy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts