Why TWC gets me mad

I already added those in when I factored the costs. I may soon add the sports one for an extra $4 a month, which is still cheaper.

I already said that I could care less about Cinemax for a penny. And while I'd like NFL Network, I can live without it.

I'm in no way saying TW is better than Dish. But at this time, it's the better choice for me. If Dish can add the Sabres in HD, then I might be willing to switch. But until then, I won't even consider it.

On a more positive note though, TW just added ESPNU in HD yesterday. And they now have on their website "MORE HD CHANNELS COMING THIS FALL" in big, bold letters. At least that's a step in the right direction.

I spoke to their reps at the Erie County Fair and they stated something like they were gonna add 10 channels by the end of the year, giving them 20-25 nationals. However that is no where near the rest of ny state subs get. My son who lives in Watertown gets something like 45 nationals, and the ny city region is getting numbers similiar to dish and directv. TWC needs to add plenty of channels to become competitive.

The last rep I spoke to on the phone said to expect 10 new ones within the next month or so, and 10 more new ones by the end of the year.

Since that more than doubles what they have now, it's a step in the right direction. As long as they add a few channels that I want, it'll be good.

They do need to actually do this, and continue to do this, I'll agree. Because they're really lagging behind now, and subs are gonna start dropping them soon, if they haven't already.

I live in the Los Angeles area (Inglewood to be exact), and I have Time Warner in my home, mostly for the internet service. However, I have an extra cable line in my bedroom, and I have it connected to my TV (I also have DirecTV too). Anywho, our TWC system just added a bunch of new HD network during the Summer Olympics...such as A&E, CNN, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, ABC Family, Disney, Discovery, National Geographic, ESPNews, Golf/Versus HD, and History Channel. My TV is cable-ready, including being capable to receive digital channels. All those of channels I've mentioned, plus all of my locals, WGN America, NBA TV, the C-SPAN networks, TV Guide Network, and all 48 of the Music Choice channels I currently get in the clear.

Here's our HD channel lineup (38 Channels, not counting the duplicates)...

402 KCBS
404 KNBC
405 KTLA (CW)
407 KABC
408 KOCE HD (PBS)--different from regular KOCE
409 KCAL
410 KCOP (My)
411 KTTV (Fox)
412 KCET (PBS)
413 Special Events HD--usually Fox Sports Net HD
414 Palladia HD--formerly MHD
415 TNT
416 HD Theater
417 TBS
418 Discovery Channel
419 Universal HD
420 HDNet
421 HDNet Movies
422 Mojo
423 Golf/Versus HD
424 ESPN
425 ESPN2
426 ESPNews
427 HBO--also on Channel 502 in the HBO tier
428 Showtime--also on Channel 552 in the Showtime tier
429 Starz--also on Channel 572 in the Starz tier
430 Cinemax--also on Channel 522 in the Cinemax tier
431 HD Pay-Per-View
432 CNN
433 HGTV
434 Food Network
435 Disney Channel
436 ABC Family
437 TLC
438 A&E
439 History Channel
440 National Geographic Channel

Last edited:
Also like to add, if anyone is apart of the Southwest Division in Texas... There not going to add any HD channels this year. We had a meeting a couple weeks ago and they told us it's out of the question because of bandwidth issues until next year... Other divisions.. who knows

This is just lovely:

WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Time Warner Customer Information

I'm not too worried though, they did the same thing with Fox a few years ago and hammered out an agreement at the last possible minute.

No way they can afford to lose the channel that will carry over half the Bills games, plus some of the highest ranked prime-time shows and the number one news channel in the area.

They'd no doubt lose over half their subscribers.

This is just lovely:

WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Time Warner Customer Information

I'm not too worried though, they did the same thing with Fox a few years ago and hammered out an agreement at the last possible minute.

No way they can afford to lose the channel that will carry over half the Bills games, plus some of the highest ranked prime-time shows and the number one news channel in the area.

They'd no doubt lose over half their subscribers.

Hey when the pull the plug on the channels, I would be happy to refer anyone to E* and a discount we would both receive.

They won't, it'll be the end of their presence in WNY. But if they do...well, we'll cross that bridge later...(as for myself, I have a few relatives with E* that would be my referral...first I'd have to pick one...)

Anyway, I get 5 new HD channels tonight. That's semi-exciting. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts