Why use "Dual Mode"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RWB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I finally figured out to enable "Single Mode" I had to push a button on the front of the DVR. Now I have a question.

Given "Single Mode" enables PIP and record one channel and watch another, why would I want to use "Dual Mode"? The second TV is rarely used at the same time as it is in the bedroom.

I'm still trying to understand the caveats of this system.

Thanks,

Dual mode is for folks who want to watch something different on TV2. Yes, you lose PIP; but you still can record one and watch another by using Record Plus to send all recordings to the other tuner. Think of dual mode as like two 510's, but with a shared hard drive and timer architecture.

If you don't mind watching the same programming on each TV, single mode with shared view on may work better for you; it does for me.

RWB said:
Given "Single Mode" enables PIP and record one channel and watch another, why would I want to use "Dual Mode"? The second TV is rarely used at the same time as it is in the bedroom. (Emphasis added)

You answered your own question. In your scenario, single mode would probably be the best choice. If you had someone else in your household that regularly watches TV2 while you're watching TV1, then you'd want/need to be in dual mode. It's just a trade off, really. Picture in picture, or run two TVs (independently) at once.

Me personally don't see why you would ever use single mode. The PIP is ridiculously overrated and not practical in this case as it's too big. And then if you don't live by yourself it limits how you can ever use it because you have to share viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)