Why 'Willow Cricket' is expensive on Dish Network ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yaz96 said:
Are you in contract with that grocery store? Will the other grocery store make you sign a contract to buy their milk?

Then dont sign the freaking contract , you do have a choice, either pay for all your equipment your self and have no contract or get it a whole hell of alot cheaper and sign a contract!!!

Perhaps it costs Dish more than Directv at this point. Dish has only had the channel a short time; Directv has had it a lot longer.. how long ago was that contract made? And consider that if this is the case.... when that contract ends, Willow Cricket will probably want Dish money from Directv, and will have 'we'll tell all our customers to switch to your competitor' to threaten them with.

For the fanboys and other people who're jumping on the "grocery store" bandwagon, hint: this is no grocery store we're talking about. Even if you like groceries very, very much (which I am sure you probably do), if a store claims it always offers the best prices and is always looking to save customers a buck (*cough Walmart cough*), a price hike it administers that is higher than all of its competitors would not only be hypocritical, it would be misleading and contrary to their claims. That is really what it boils down up to.

But of course if you are so biased in favor of Dish, then really there's no point in arguing with you. There is really never any point in arguing with fanboy drones, because, well they don't really learn to think for themselves. Perhaps you should work for their customer service department?

Perhaps it costs Dish more than Directv at this point. Dish has only had the channel a short time; Directv has had it a lot longer.. how long ago was that contract made? And consider that if this is the case.... when that contract ends, Willow Cricket will probably want Dish money from Directv, and will have 'we'll tell all our customers to switch to your competitor' to threaten them with.
That isn't true at all. The channel actually premiered FIRST on Dish Network, then on DirecTV. And please try to do some research on the TV network in question first - they are available everywhere for the exact same price, including directly to consumers. It's funny that a company which claims it offers the lowest prices to consumers and is "always looking to save them money at every opportunity" hikes the price of a product that's available directly to the consumer and even by every single other competitor for far less. Hypocrisy gold.

Here what pisses me off about Willow TV I have emailed got no answer

On the web base sub you get more matches than on Dish or DTV I have emailed them that? never got an answer back plus as a Dish sub you would think they willow should throw in will on tablet or Roku for free

Just like espn I can watch all the cricket matches using my dish account info

I am sure they do I am moving to DTV I have dish for over 10 years even had VOOM before dish brought them out

I love HD TV looks like I can get more with DTV in HD than dish price does not mean any thing to me

I am sure they do I am moving to DTV I have dish for over 10 years even had VOOM before dish brought them out

I love HD TV looks like I can get more with DTV in HD than dish price does not mean any thing to me

The only thing that sucks with Direct TV you have to add another dish to get Willow TV I just got off the phone with them

I view this as going to the grocery store. Overall I save with my everyday items at the grocery store we shop at compared to the others and their carts don't squeak as much. But there are items that I don't buy often but when I do would cost more at that grocery store than some of the others. If I bought the sometimes items all the time I might save by switching to another store and put up with carts I might not like as much.

here is the email I finally got from Willow and I am taking it

Dear User,

Thank you for your message.

We would like to clarify that both Willow Cricket channel and Willow TV (Online) are different entities, you need to subscribe to Willow monthly package (online) separately.

Willow Monthly subscription offered at $14.99. .This package includes all the series broadcast at Willow and access on smartphone mobile devices, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Roku, PS3, Neo TV, Boxee, PS3, Apple TV, LG TV, Panasonic Viera, Google TV and Chromecast.

Since you have subscribed to Willow Cricket channel on Dish Network, we shall provide you the same package at 50% discount $7.49/month for life time.

Kindly let us know your preference to avail the offer.

Darm I paid 14..99 for over a year during IPL matches they were days when 2 matches where played at the same time on roku or ipad I could pick which one I wanted to watch

So to understand clearly... People are mad that the everyday cost on MoST channels are lower, but on a couple specialty channels are more expensive? And "unfairly" charging above the rate everyone else charges? Simple simple answer. Do not sub to it if you do not feel it is worth it.
Second option, sub to the other provider. Your contract with Dish is only if you got leased equipment. Not their channels.
Third option, build your own infrastructure, negotiate your own contracts with channel owners, and charge your customers whatever the hell you want to. Think you can do better? Do it. Think someone else can do better overall for you, do them. Absolutely ridiculous to bring a thread back to life after 4 years and bitch about something that has no relevance in the grand scheme of things to bitch about.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy and KAB
It may be an issue of a long-term contract that has Dish paying MORE for the same content as others. Yes, it may be Dish just charging more IF they are allowed to set the price that much over what Dish is paying for the content, but it is also just as likely that Willow is giving other MVPD a better price. That is quite common in the MVPD business.

The sad thing is that matters such as this used to be directly addressed on the Charlie Chat with an answer either stating that Dish does pay more for it (due to older contract) or Charlie explaining why Dish is charging more perhaps to additional costs compared to others.

Also, companies always seem to charge less at its site than what they impose upon MVPD's, and the MVPD's don't like this because people like the OP don't like it.

Dish being Dish may decide NOT to carry Willow Cricket if Willow continues to offer it at their site and to other MVPD's at a lower cost than what Willow has contractually obligated Dish to pay for those rights because most people aren't going to pay the higher price at Dish.

Also, it is never about the cost of ONE channel, but the overall value on the TOTAL cost of one's entire subscription to come to a bottom line decision to change MVPD's. Ironically, OP, if you change to DirecTV or another MVPD, you will most likely pay MORE than you are for the same services at Dish, but the savings you get from the Willow Cricket most likely STILL WON'T be enough to have you paying a total bill, including Willow, that is LESS than if you had just paid what Dish is offering for Willow. But, that research is UP TO YOU, and the decision to switch providers is also up to you. Crunch the numbers and see if you will save money overall at the bottom line. If so, then only a fool would spend time whining about the charges at Dish. A smart consumer would cancel their Dish subscription and give your money to that less expensive MVPD, and I do hope you find it greener wherever you decide to go or stay.

OP, you don't know Charlie Ergen: Charlie hates it when other MVPD's or the owner of the content offers it a lower price than he can charge for it, and history shows that if he is not allowed a contract that makes economic sense for him to charge a rate as low as low as other MVPD's and Willow itself, Charlie views that as a devalued content and he WON'T carry it at the end of contract. That's the Charlie way, so you may get your wish and not have to complain about Dish's prices when you can EASILY go view your Willow Cricket on another platform at a lower price--as of TODAY!

Reactions: ChadT41
Some of the replies have been ridiculous….

The truth of the matter is that Dish Network advertises saying " We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors!" and that is a complete lie.

Dish does have the lower everyday programming costs. Willow is no way mainstream or everyday programming. If I got Willow and payed $5 more than with Direct TV, guess what, I STILL would pay $10 a month less with DISH.
Because with the many programming options this one happens to cost more somehow DISH is telling a lie? Very weak.

Reactions: ChadT41
I don't understand why 'Willow Cricket' costs 5$ more on Dish Network in comparison with DirecTV ? The same channel is priced at $14.99 on DirecTV where as it costs $19.99 on Dish Network.

Just went to Dish.com and the package for Willow Cricket is $14.99 (see below). So everything else is moot....

upload_2015-1-19_11-30-55.png

Some of the replies have been ridiculous….

The truth of the matter is that Dish Network advertises saying " We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors!" and that is a complete lie.

I don't care about grocery store and milk….But I do care about misleading information by Dish Network… If Dish Network comes openly and says that "The quality of Willow TV on our Network is better than DirecTV and that's why we charge 5$ extra"… probably that is something, which can be agreed upon.

In fact I think that is better than saying "The programming we provide is owned by other companies, and our prices are based on what we must pay those companies. Though costs can change when contracts are renegotiated, we work hard to keep them as low as possible. We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors!"

So in light of the fact what you posted is wrong, did you lie? I'm guessing not, but you jumped to that conclusion without knowing the facts with DISH. You would think I learned my lesson to always check prices to see if the comparison is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)