Why wont directv give WB and UPN on satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newsposter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
I'm not a whiz at all the compression figures etc but it seems to me that it shouldn't be too much more difficult to get the WB UPN feeds on the bird considering all the other 'extra' channels there are on there that I'm sure even less people watch than the frog network :)

I wanted to ditch my antenna next year but doesn't look like i can.

D* actually DOES offer WB and UPN, but NOT in HD.... Most Local markets (spot beam) have their WB or UPN affiliate. What D* does NOT offer, is either of those channels on the national beam, or in HD.

WB from Miami & San Diego are uplinked on CONUS (Nat'l beam) and are available to markets without a WB

Central/Eastern gets Miami...Mountain/Pacific gets SD

If you have a WB in your market, you get that. There is no WB or UPN in HD on Direct

newsposter, you need to tell us the market in which you live. If you don't get locals, you can't get WB or UPN. Most local packages have access to a WB feed; this isn't necessarily true for UPN.

Scott R. Scherr said:
WB, UPN, and PBS will be up in HD for local markets according to Ken H at avsforum.

Scott

This is probably a dumb question considering it's D*, but is their a time frame? :rolleyes:

Scott R. Scherr said:
WB, UPN, and PBS will be up in HD for local markets according to Ken H at avsforum.
Scott

Well I spent $ getting my antenna on the roof today. It stinks that 1. no HD dvr yet. 2. no WB UPN PBS announced in philly yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts