Why won't Dish make an Dish1000LNB upgrade for SD121

jeffwtux

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
I think it's clear that anybody with 121 Superdish can get the 129 signal just by attaching another DP single. Why won't Dish make a replacement for that. I realize that the Superdish LNB isn't so easy to take off and put back on, but it's easier than installing a 2nd dish.

It would be nice if they did. It would be cheaper than having a tech come out there and install a hole new dish. Maybe we will see that in the future.

That is a good point but those that already have a SuperDish do not need a Dish1000. The purpose of the Dish1000 was to save money by not having to install the expensive SuperDish while obiding by the law on having all locals in a given city on one dish.

Possibly he means the voom channels? I havent updated myself lately as to where the voom channels are all located at.....that or Im having a brain fart and cant remember.

Yes

Yes, I was talking about the VOOM channels or any newcoming(whatever decade it is) HD programming that will be on 129

Some of the markets are still at 105 and 121 so that would be a great idea. I am sure there will be dishes in the future that will have more than three lnbf's on it.

Currently LA HD Locals and ESPN2-HD are only transmitted from 129, so it would be a nice upgrade for the 121 superdish. I'm guessing when these channels launch, customers will be required to upgrade to a dish1000, or install a 2nd dish pointing at 129 to compliment their 121 superdish.

I had always thought that when 129 came out that they would come up with some type of upgrade that would add the lnbf on. The SuperDish could be a solution for Dish Network to reuse the same reflector to save on install time, just change out the kit on the arm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts