Why won't they ship?

octpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2005
I currently have an 811 and a 211 in my home. I just took the bait for the Dish n it Up offer of 149.00 with a one time credit of 100.00 for a 622 DVR. However, after requesting that Dish just ship me the 622 and I’ll ship the 811 back to them ( I did this with a 811 to 211 last year) I’m told that they MUST have a tech come in and hook up the DVR despite what the website says. Why? It’s a waste of time in my opinion for both the tech and me.

Anyone out there know if I can get around this? Am I able to call back and speak with another CSR? Hell, when I was with Comcast they would let you drive to the local office and pick up a new STB on your own in exchange for an old one.

I currently have an 811 and a 211 in my home. I just took the bait for the Dish n it Up offer of 149.00 with a one time credit of 100.00 for a 622 DVR. However, after requesting that Dish just ship me the 622 and I’ll ship the 811 back to them ( I did this with a 811 to 211 last year) I’m told that they MUST have a tech come in and hook up the DVR despite what the website says. Why? It’s a waste of time in my opinion for both the tech and me.

Anyone out there know if I can get around this? Am I able to call back and speak with another CSR? Hell, when I was with Comcast they would let you drive to the local office and pick up a new STB on your own in exchange for an old one.

It all depends on what your setup is you may nees dish 1000 or 61.5 dish for rest of hd package and needs DPP Equipment for dual tuner

It all depends on what your setup is you may nees dish 1000 or 61.5 dish for rest of hd package and needs DPP Equipment for dual tuner

I don't think I need an additional Dish, and I've been a full blown HD customer for 2 years. I've been looking at the 61.5 and 110/119 since 2005. Originally had 2 811's, but upgraded one of them to a 211 last year when dish added MPEG-4 channels to the Voom line up. I would have grabbed (2) 211's but they were in high demand.

I don't understand why they would easily send me a 211 last year but not a 622 this year.

I don't think I need an additional Dish, and I've been a full blown HD customer for 2 years. I've been looking at the 61.5 and 110/119 since 2005. Originally had 2 811's, but upgraded one of them to a 211 last year when dish added MPEG-4 channels to the Voom line up. I would have grabbed (2) 211's but they were in high demand.

I don't understand why they would easily send me a 211 last year but not a 622 this year.

If you run a checkswitch does it read a 34 switch or dpp twin
if 34 switch tou need another coaz or dpp twin for 622 rcvr

all hd dual tuners must be installed. the only time they ship one is to replace a faulty one. a 622/722 is a dual tuner, not a single tuner as your 811. there are various ways it is installed, based on whether you need it ran for two tv,s or just one. the type of options used, ie dpp sep or diplexors is differenent. im not saying you may not be able to do it, but because the majority of dishnetwork customers have trouble programming their own remote, it would not be a good idea to ship these recievers out right.

My 722 (and my 2 211s) were shipped and I was a new HD customer but self installed my 61.5.

I had to go through Exec Relations to do it though. I'm not usually here during the day and I sure as hell didn't need some idiot coming here and messing with my stuff... :)

all hd dual tuners must be installed. the only time they ship one is to replace a faulty one. a 622/722 is a dual tuner, not a single tuner as your 811. there are various ways it is installed, based on whether you need it ran for two tv,s or just one. the type of options used, ie dpp sep or diplexors is differenent. im not saying you may not be able to do it, but because the majority of dishnetwork customers have trouble programming their own remote, it would not be a good idea to ship these recievers out right.

You're correct. I finally spoke to a CSR that made sense. They only ship single tuners. Anyway... not that big of a deal, however being a tech junkie I just feel like it's a waste of time. Dish does need to chage their website though. There's too many misleading bits of information on there. For instance...

Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

SHIPPED
$49.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)

INSTALLED

You're correct. I finally spoke to a CSR that made sense. They only ship single tuners. Anyway... not that big of a deal, however being a tech junkie I just feel like it's a waste of time. Dish does need to chage their website though. There's too many misleading bits of information on there. For instance...

Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

SHIPPED

INSTALLED

Agreed. That one got us. We read that and clicked on the link and it showed several different tuners, so we thought we got to "chose." When we got the bill, we called and argued with several different levels of CSR's about how it said "Chose" which leads one to reasonably assume there is a choice for the price quoted (since there is nothing that tells how much each item is on any page I could find).

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)