Why Would an Installer Do This?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It has been more than thirty days since original order but install was done Nov. 5. What she was told at the time of original order was to sign up for autopay at activation. Unfortunately I was the one there at the activation since she was working and did not know that at the time. Not sure if I could have got on the line with them then and authorized autopay for her or not. I hope she can find a way to get it but not lookin good right now.

i want to start by saying "everything you all are saying is the very reason why I hate contractors." As an install tech for directv, I do not like having to go behind contractors on NC Rollbacks. the entire install was wrong from the get go. first, MRV will only work on swim. Second, internet connectivity will only work on swim. It is possible to activate an HDDVR with one line on a conventional system. this is done because so many people are taking their HDDVRs from their homes and putting them in their RVs, but dont want to carry a bulky hd dish. nor do they want to run a second line through the window just to get the thing to work. If I were the customer, I would call directv and tell them that if a directv employee doesn't show up to install a swm lnb on the dish and install the internet kit for on demand, then I have a good place to put the dish. This is a problem that us in the southeast division have been working diligently to resolve. our office fired 5 contractor companies this summer alone, and have fired numbers of individuals for doing installs like that. I am sorry for your problems and hope you do not create a false impression of us as a company. I can only say that the world is full of imperfections and Directv is not immune from them.

Oh get off your high horse. There are just as many moronic in-house techs as there are contractors. The whole industry has been flooded with idiots because the providers consistently drop wages and rates with the mentality that "anyone can install satellite". Then you sit there and say "hope you do not create a false impression of us as a company" while you criticize DIRECTV for using contractors. Everything you have said is just wrong all the way around.

Secondly, internet connectivity has nothing to do with SWM. You can have on demand without SWM, you simply hook up the receiver to your router via an ethernet cord, or hardwire a line. MRV has something to do with SWM because you're using a BB DECA which only works with SWM.

As for the problem at hand... its half the installers fault, but if you only knew what kind of hoops installers have to go through when a work order is incorrect. The list is too long.

Last edited:
Oh get off your high horse. There are just as many moronic in-house techs as there are contractors. The whole industry has been flooded with idiots because the providers consistently drop wages and rates with the mentality that "anyone can install satellite". Then you sit there and say "hope you do not create a false impression of us as a company" while you criticize DIRECTV for using contractors. Everything you have said is just wrong all the way around.

Secondly, internet connectivity has nothing to do with SWM. You can have on demand without SWM, you simply hook up the receiver to your router via an ethernet cord, or hardwire a line. MRV has something to do with SWM because you're using a BB DECA which only works with SWM.

As for the problem at hand... its half the installers fault, but if you only knew what kind of hoops installers have to go through when a work order is incorrect. The list is too long.

MRV relation to swm is this, Swm frees up some additional frequency ranges in side the coax so the Deca adapters can work hence when you order mrv you get swim.

MRV relation to swm is this, Swm frees up some additional frequency ranges in side the coax so the Deca adapters can work hence when you order mrv you get swim.

Yes, but MRV is a paid service, and the only way its gonna close (with a BB DECA) on a work order is if SWM is installed.

Yes, but MRV is a paid service, and the only way its gonna close (with a BB DECA) on a work order is if SWM is installed.

And whats your point?

Someone asked about the relation it really doesnt matter if MRV is a pay service or not.

Who gives a rats ass if it needed to close it needed for a technical reason and the reason stated above.

Who's your main? This is obviously a sock puppet made for replying to this post, so who's your main?

Well looks like the contractor still giving her the runaround..had a 12-5 window on Tuesday no one shows up but claims they called and left message they werent coming..she tells em she has no msgs on home or cell phone. Then they say "oh let me check" and come back to say a tech was in her neighbor hood and determined that SWM was not possible. She was home the whole time and no one knocked on her door. Seems to me if the dish is on the roof all they gotta do is hook up the SWM and the DECA units and it is done. At this point she is mad enuff to cancel all together but I told her why not call Directv again if she still cant get SWM then I have sense enuff to run an ethernet cord to the router from the H24 and make them activate the MRV as unsupported. I have already ran a cord from the DVR to the router so she gets the ONdemand stuff fine. Not what she ordered but I think it should work and DTV still gets their 3 bucks a month for it.

There seems to be a disconnect between what must happen and what happened in this case. :no

I'm still baffled as to how this isn't ulitmately DIRECTV's fault.

:up

Lazy and sorry installer, not the majority. I had couple of those before, but must of the time they do pretty good and very professionals. I don't hurt after a good installation you slipping a few dollars for a drink.

Well the saga continues: She just got a bill over the weekend from Primecast charging her for the h24 receiver!? Bill shows 50.00 installation then credits it then shows the HR24 price and credit..credits the SD reciever but charges 106.00 for the H24. And these people that come out dont even know who they work for evidently because she had one tell her he was with Primestar and the last one stated he was from Comcast...AFAIK Comcast doesnt even operate in this state! Still no free HD so she gonna stop the autopay. So she is still stuck with no SWM but I think I will go ahead and string an ethernet line to the granddaughter's room and try to activate unsupported MRV for her later this week. Sure does stink when you cant work directly with Directv.

This whole thing is a mess and sounds like prime fugged it up good.

For your activation to pass he might have used a swm to pass the one line, then swap out the lnb to a standard and reconfigure the dvr as single tuner

Direct wont pay for the Second Hd box if prime did not put MVR on the work order also prime wuld have had to put free hd on the order and auto pay on the last part prior to its completion and generation of the account number.

With those boxes MVR and online kit it wuld have been an Ez install for the tech but one huge problem is over looked by direct

Some Resellers and subs wont install swim do to the fact that direct wont pay for it! For a swm install is $125 + in proper gear, Direct will only pay $75 If customers location/ programing requires 110 or 119 sat (5lnb) add $10 but if the customer needs swm hd with 95 sat we eat $135+ that direct wont pay so many subs and retailers are Fugging the installs. We wont even do a job that requires us to take a $100 hit at the gate and just give the 800# if they require such an Install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts