why would someone leave dish

I’m leaving Dish. I already have gigabit AT&T Fiber. I’ll subscribe to YouTube TV and Philo. My cost goes from $140/month for top 250, hopper 3 and 3 joeys to $56/month. Dish said don’t let the door hit ya, thanks for the early termination fees (I added an HD Joey last year). After over 20 years of subscription I will not be back.

They did the same to me. Sorry, HBO is a deal breaker. They the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence, but the picture quality from DirectTVNow smokes Dish. And my bill is down by $130/month for all the content that I want.

Dish tried to play the net neutrality card.

Reactions: reddice
They did the same to me. Sorry, HBO is a deal breaker. They the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence, but the picture quality from DirectTVNow smokes Dish. And my bill is down by $130/month for all the content that I want.

Dish tried to play the net neutrality card.
DirecTV's picture does not "smoke" Dish and get back to us on that bill in a year. I can't begin to imagine what you possibly had that is $130.00 less per month when most everyone pays less than $130.00 per month

DirecTV's picture does not "smoke" Dish and get back to us on that bill in a year. I can't begin to imagine what you possibly had that is $130.00 less per month when most everyone pays less than $130.00 per month

I got a great deal with Dish on my renewal with another year. Dish is still have favorite out there. Maybe I am in the minority, but I do like all of these diginets we are getting.Direct does not carry those. I still have the Super Stations, not available elsewhere, plus Dish still has other channels Direct doesn't. Locally, Spectrum carries more channel like Dish, than Direct does. If I ever was to drop Dish, (I doubt being with them for 20 years), I would go back to cable. I already have Spectrum for phone & Internet. No DSL here. In the future Dish, Direct, Spectrum should have the same packages they have with cable & satellite. With 2 Roku's , Chomecast, and the Fire Stick, streaming rocks. Hopefully high speed will cover more the the country.

I have the HWS, but only get the Welcome Pack. I dropped the movie pack, so my bill is $40 per month. How much would Dish charge me to get a H3 or would they even provide me one with my limited package.

I have the HWS, but only get the Welcome Pack. I dropped the movie pack, so my bill is $40 per month. How much would Dish charge me to get a H3 or would they even provide me one with my limited package.

You would probably have to sign a new 2-year agreement. Even then, they might make you front some of the upgrade cost. I was able to do it for free a couple years ago, but I hear that's changed.

The Fees on Dish will kill you.

Was paying $17 each for (6) 722’s

With Directv I have HR24’s in every room and pay $7 each.

Even if Directv is a few bucks more just the DVR fees make all the difference.

The Fees on Dish will kill you.

Was paying $17 each for (6) 722’s

With Directv I have HR24’s in every room and pay $7 each.

Even if Directv is a few bucks more just the DVR fees make all the difference.

That is actually what I tried to get for my parents, but DirecTV wanted $200 each for the HR24s up-front, so they have an HR44 and two clients, which costs them $25 and $7 respectively, $32 total. That is slightly more than I pay for my Hopper and two Joeys ($32 total). I really liked the combined guide with DirecTV Whole-Home DVR and multiple HR24s when I had it, but it does take more effort and attention to make sure everything gets recorded as schedules change. Of course, with 6 DVRs, maybe that gets easier than with the 2 I had.

That is actually what I tried to get for my parents, but DirecTV wanted $200 each for the HR24s up-front, so they have an HR44 and two clients, which costs them $25 and $7 respectively, $32 total. That is slightly more than I pay for my Hopper and two Joeys ($32 total). I really liked the combined guide with DirecTV Whole-Home DVR and multiple HR24s when I had it, but it does take more effort and attention to make sure everything gets recorded as schedules change. Of course, with 6 DVRs, maybe that gets easier than with the 2 I had.

Correction: I pay $29 for my Dish equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)