Why would this pop up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
When I first hooked up the HD box a box came up on the screen saying that the tv wasn't HDMI compliant and to use a compotent cable...after a time later it worked.

It's came up twice since then saying something to the effect of "copy protection etc" even though I'm not recording anything :mad:

The audio comes in fine but this seems more like an annoyance that I can't stand...I wonder if it's just the box rebooting something...maybe I should just leave the box on...

To use the HDMI port, your tv needs to be HDCP complient; meaning that it supports copy-protection thru the HDMI cable. When you see that box it means that the STB failed to get the HDCP response from the tv in a timely manner (or not at all if not complient).

One general rule is to make sure you turn the tv on first and then the STB. That way the tv is ready to answer when the "handshake" from the STB occurs. This is also a problem when trying to daisy-chain HDMI thru receivers as some (most) times it won't support what it calls "repeaters".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)