Why would you want an 811??

fish2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I just sold an 811 about a month ago. The guy gave me $125 for it. I know that you can no longer activate that reciever, so why would anyone want one? I see them going for quite a bit on Ebay, and can't understand why... Unless there is some kind of mod I don't know about.

811's are easily hackable to open dish right up, thats why people want them and are willing to pay so much on ebay for them.

Does the receiver need to be activated with Dish and / or hooked up to a switch or dish antenna to be able to receive the OTA HD channels?

My parents were recently given a 381 on a service call to replace a 7100 connected to an SDTV. It does do digital and analog OTA but the Dish HD channels don't show even in the All Sub list. I moved the antenna feed from the DTV STB they wouldn't ever use, did a digital scan, then filled the gaps by adding individual analog channels.

Bs the ota tuner in the 211 blows away what I had in my 811. I could never lock cbs 2 with an 811, with the 211 I get a lock and is watchable!!!

I actually never had an 811, but did have a 6000 for years. All I can say is I wish I had my 6000 back. Nothing but problems with the 211 tuner.

Hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)