Wierd 771

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dperez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
DFW
Hi everyone

I have a H 24 in one room and an HR 23 in another. Tonight the H 24 started showing me a 771 when I turned it on. My other receiver has no issues, in fact I'm watching TV on it right now. I called DirecTV and they were no help, insisting that I call back in 2 to 3 hours since their systems were updating. I have tried to reboot it but keeps saying 771. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dom

Sounds like you have a bad connection between the H24 and the dish. Check them all. If they seem fine, swap the two boxes. If it stays at the same location it's the cabling, if the H24 still has issues, it's the box.

it's highly likely it's a dish alignment issue. The 99 and/or the 103 sats are likely out of alignment. those pull hd. the standard box works bc it only looks for the 101 and 119 sats. also, when a dish goes out of alignment, the two hd sats are the first to lose signal/channels due to the quality of signal necessary to get hd channels

it's highly likely it's a dish alignment issue. The 99 and/or the 103 sats are likely out of alignment. those pull hd. the standard box works bc it only looks for the 101 and 119 sats. also, when a dish goes out of alignment, the two hd sats are the first to lose signal/channels due to the quality of signal necessary to get hd channels
They are both hd boxes.

Thanks for the responses, I plugged my H24 into one of the HR23 and it looks like a cable issue. DirecTV is going to have someone out here to to change the cables for my H24 in the morning.

Reactions: raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts