Wii: Basic tip for newbs like me

somery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Pasadena, TX
Knowing that Wii Sports comes with the Wii system purchase, there are often times when you might want to switch the order of players, or want to turn one remote off without turning the system off. Unfortunately, the Wii Sports software still has a minor flaw, in that it does not properly recognize the changes made by the "Reconnect" command (from within Wii Sports) from pressing the menu button and clicking on the Wii remote on the left of the screen. Therefore, to properly switch, its best to just exit to the Wii menu and make that change. Probably getting a fix in a future update?

Last edited:
The controllers are a nuisance sometimes....

I was spoiled by the wireless controllers of the XBox 360 that just simply worked (only glitch? sometimes it had trouble first syncing with the console.... plug it into the console with a play and charge cable and it found it quickly - once synced though it found the console just about every time....)

The Wii keeps dropping connection to the controller, even when just switching games.... Hopefully they will fix soon.....

Hmmm... i don't think the Wii's dropped connection is normal, since i don't think this has happened to me. Have you tried to adjust sensitivity? When you do that there are a series of dots on the screen. The manual states there should only be a couple of dots. (Wierd that you have to press ok three times to get the +/- and the dot screen. I kept pressing ok and was pressing + and - thinking it was better, but press ok and i was not even there yet :p ) More means you have other infared, radio frequencies, or other interference present. Also resync the remote to see if this helps. I do however, during the day, have more dots for an unknown reason, and this does cause erratic behavior of the cursor from the controller. But this only lasted a couple of days; I think there was a temporary interference from out of my home? Once I had a book laying on my UHF Cband remote and the controller was unhappy :)

I did notice that the games themselves handle the order of remotes differently, so thats why i do it in the main Wii menu where all the channels are listed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)