Wii on LCD

Have it set for widescreen. The component cables seems like a good idea and I have looked for them at local stores but can not find any. Where can they be purchased? Thanks.

Oh jeeze.. I didn't know you didn't have the components... Yeah that'll probably solve things.

Ordered them this morning, will let ya'll know how it works!

Well one thing I would have suggested as well is to go to a place with a good return policy like Radio Shack and buy the cables there, test them, and then if they worked return them and then order them from Monoprice or somewhere cheaper. I've done that on a number of occasions. ;)

Well one thing I would have suggested as well is to go to a place with a good return policy like Radio Shack and buy the cables there, test them, and then if they worked return them and then order them from Monoprice or somewhere cheaper. I've done that on a number of occasions. ;)

Sounds Inherently dishonest:rolleyes:
Besides for the 10 dollars total it's worth the investment anyway

Have it set for widescreen. The component cables seems like a good idea and I have looked for them at local stores but can not find any. Where can they be purchased? Thanks.

The component cables will not improve the control, they will only improve the picture. As other posters have said, the controllers "see" the sensor bar (well, it's probably the other way around.) Check your Wii settings to ensure they reflect your sensor bar placement. And, since it's a new TV and you've probably changed a lot of stuff behind your TV stand/entertainment center, double-check to make sure all the plugs are tight (especially the sensor bar) on the back of your Wii.

I've noticed, since upgrading to a larger, widescreen TV, that the console doesn't seem to respond as well unless I'm directly in front of the TV. Off-angles do not work as well as they used to. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the sensor bar -- always positioned on top of the TV -- is now higher than it was before.

Since your bar is now probably in a different physical space, even though it's still the same relative to your TV, check to see if something similar is at work with your setup. Likewise, check to see if there are new elements of glare on it that might not have been there before.

Good luck...

Not to mention that the time and fuel wasted in the test of RS cabling is more expensive than just buying at monoprice and throwing it away if it doesn't work as expected. Of course if you no idea what you're doing, you may find help at RS and for that, they should be compensated.

The combination of the component cable and moving the sensor bar to the top of the TV has helped a bunch! Still not as fast as the old CRT TV but MUCH better than it was. Thanks for the suggestions!!

The combination of the component cable and moving the sensor bar to the top of the TV has helped a bunch! Still not as fast as the old CRT TV but MUCH better than it was. Thanks for the suggestions!!
*Takes an unearned bow*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts