Wii u

Right. Nintendo wasn't big into it because apparently Minecraft didn't sell very well in Europe and Japan (or at least not as well as in US) and also there may have been some hesitation because of Super Mario Maker being made. In any case, a 3DS version of Minecraft would have been quite successful. The mobile version sold over 30 million copies so there was a big market for it on the go. And lord knows the Wii U could have benefited from ANY new games, especially one like Minecraft. Still,the decision didn't break either company. Just sad to think about what could have been, again considering it was released for basically every platform in existence except for Nintendo systems and the Ouya. Still, looking forward to Super Mario Maker (in case that wasn't apparent)

Here's how various Amiibos look in Super Mario Maker. Definitely feeling better about my decision to get a Sonic Amiibo..

Here's how various Amiibos look in Super Mario Maker. Definitely feeling better about my decision to get a Sonic Amiibo..

That is really cool. Now you need to go buy about 35 more Amiibos. I would be really interested in this game if I had a Wii U or thought I was creative enough to make levels people would actually want to play.

Oh I couldn't care less about playing as any of the other characters. It's just being able to see Sonic the Hedgehog jump on Goombas and Koopa Troopers and fighting Bowser that tickles my fancy. As someone who was there deep in the Sega Vs Nintendo days, seeing a crossover like this still blows my mind. Yes I know Sonic has interacted with Mario before, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time ever that Sonic is in a Super Mario game.

On a side note, while the Amiibos do allow characters to be played, they can't do anything special. So you can't have Mega Man shooting goombas or the like. If you DO want to do that, well then you need to play this:

http://explodingrabbit.com/resources/super-mario-bros-crossover.84/

Oh I couldn't care less about playing as any of the other characters. It's just being able to see Sonic the Hedgehog jump on Goombas and Koopa Troopers and fighting Bowser that tickles my fancy. As someone who was there deep in the Sega Vs Nintendo days, seeing a crossover like this still blows my mind. Yes I know Sonic has interacted with Mario before, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time ever that Sonic is in a Super Mario game.

On a side note, while the Amiibos do allow characters to be played, they can't do anything special. So you can't have Mega Man shooting goombas or the like. If you DO want to do that, well then you need to play this:

http://explodingrabbit.com/resources/super-mario-bros-crossover.84/

It always starts with one. Before you know it you'll be waiting in line at Target with everyone else every time a new one is released.

Looks like the Wii U is getting a Pokemon fighting game in the spring.

Makes sense. Pokemon is probably their biggest handheld franchise. If they can translate even a little bit of that magic to the home console market it would be huge for them.

Well, it's hard to believe that a humble little indie title funded with $311,502 for a PC and Wii U/3DS release has grown to expand to EVERY system, get a physical release, a new DLC package, and now, it's own Amiibo. Shovel Knight really has done a lot in just about a year.

Mario's creators discussed the creation of one of the most famous levels in video games, World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros

Well I'll be happily receiving my copy of Super Mario Maker pending the UPS delivery man having a stroke and crashing the truck. And luckily I live in the US and used Amazon for my order. If you used the retailer Game, based in the UK, you were likely charged for 7 copies.

http://www.geek.com/games/uk-retail...-7x-for-super-mario-maker-pre-orders-1633363/

Jeff and Dan from Giant Bomb did a "quick look" of Mario Maker. I put quick look in quotes because they are typically around an hour. Basically they just play pre-release games and show off the things they think people will want to see.

I think they are generally pretty entertaining and I will sometimes watch them even for games I know I'm not going to buy like Mario Maker. I watched this last night and it's a pretty in depth look at the kinds of things you can do for people interested.

All the videos I have seen have me really wanting to play Mario Maker. I wish it was available on 3DS even if I could only play levels created by other people. It got to the point where I just checked out a few Wii U bundles. After some searching it looks like Walmart has an exclusive on the Mario Maker bundle. I even got as far as adding it to my cart before thinking better of it.

I just have a hard time justifying $300 for a Wii U when Mario Maker is the only current game I really want it for. I've played the Wii U versions of Mario Kart and Smash Bros at a friends house and they were a great time. I have no interest in playing either of them by myself at home though.

The only other game that has really piqued my interest is the upcoming Zelda game and if it wasn't for Mario Maker I wouldn't even be considering the console to play it. Throw in the fact that a new Nintendo console will probably be here by 2017 and it seems like a bad investment for someone who has never developed a real love for Nintendo franchises.

I would also feel a little guilty buying a new console when I already own so many games I haven't played yet on the platforms I currently own. Maybe some great deal will come around Black Friday that can push me over the edge. For now I'm going to try to resist the temptation.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)