Wikipedia for channel availability

Unfortunately, a self-appointed no-lifer has taken to US broadcasting, both TV and radio, and reviews all changes, and deletes every one that does not appear in some trade magazine. Many digital sub-channel changes are never thus announced, and most small market radio format changes are never announced at all. Wikipedia is thus, and always will be, far out of date in that whole subject area.

Also unfortunately, Wikipedia used to have a 100% accurate channel line up article for every satellite service, not just USA but worldwide, but decided to delete all of these on the grounds that it was "not a TV guide". As space is essentially unlimited, and considering the huge number of obscure articles, political diatribes, and junk science in Wikipedia, this is also hard to explain.

Reactions: Clarbear
Unfortunately, a self-appointed no-lifer has taken to US broadcasting, both TV and radio, and reviews all changes, and deletes every one that does not appear in some trade magazine. Many digital sub-channel changes are never thus announced, and most small market radio format changes are never announced at all. Wikipedia is thus, and always will be, far out of date in that whole subject area.

Also unfortunately, Wikipedia used to have a 100% accurate channel line up article for every satellite service, not just USA but worldwide, but decided to delete all of these on the grounds that it was "not a TV guide". As space is essentially unlimited, and considering the huge number of obscure articles, political diatribes, and junk science in Wikipedia, this is also hard to explain.

I always find it amusing when I hear kids say they sourced Wikipedia for "accurate" information :grinbounce

I am wondering if anyone ever used wikipedia for all available channels in a city?
If you have ever done it, then someone has done it.

If you're asking if a thinking person would use Wikipedia for that express purpose, the answer is no.

If you desperately need to know what's available to you, do a channel scan and all will be revealed. OTA is something that no database can tell you what you're going to be able to receive with 100% certainty.

If you have ever done it, then someone has done it.

If you're asking if a thinking person would use Wikipedia for that express purpose, the answer is no.

If you desperately need to know what's available to you, do a channel scan and all will be revealed. OTA is something that no database can tell you what you're going to be able to receive with 100% certainty.
Actually I agree with you harshness. I'm realizing that already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I always find it amusing when I hear kids say they sourced Wikipedia for "accurate" information :grinbounce
I noticed that Wikipedia has some inaccurate information on some bios of celebrities that they have. Only reason that I actually interesting about the the list of Milwaukee channels part is how the setup break down. From religious stations, Spanish stations, shopping and regular stations. I try to edit of the of that page so it can currently accurate but people change back the old way because if it's not written in print it's not true which I told them but they didn't care. Actually was the reason that I switched to the the website that this website sister site for more accurate stations.

Harshness I was mainly asking if anyone else besides me checked out wikipedia for channel in a city.
The answer to that question would be a decisive no.

Wikipedia may not update articles if the offered update isn't entered in grammatically correct and properly spelled English. It helps to include a reference to support the new information. They do care about their reputation to the extent that they can.

The answer to that question would be a decisive no.

Wikipedia may not update articles if the offered update isn't entered in grammatically correct and properly spelled English. It helps to include a reference to support the new information. They do care about their reputation to the extent that they can.
Thank you harshness for the information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)