Wild Blue for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jarhead84-90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
WI
Has anyone tried to use a Wild Blue Dish for recieving FTA, Is it large enough or able to be modified easily hold a standard ku/LNB.?

Got a picture of it? Some of us do have the Direcway or HughesNet dishes, they already have
a linear lnbf and are easily converted to fta use. I'm curious if Wildblue uses ku freq or ka, so
hopefully somebody more familiar will chime in with info.

I have Wild Blue. My system is a KA system. The dish looks big enough to work on Ku, although I've never measured it (it's up on top of my garage).
However I think that the older Wild Blue dishes were Ku dishes, so those might be even better suited for Ku FTA.
The only issue with MY Wild Blue dish, is that it is a double reflection type of thing, sort of like those torroidal dishes. Ie the lnbf doesn't look at the dish itself, but away from the dish towards a little reflector plate. Shouldn't be an issue, but it's an added parameter to consider.

This one is supposedly only 1 year old and I can get the whole setup for only $10, so I thought it might be worth a shot for that price as a fixed dish on like G18.

Try it any way

The dish is probably 28" x 26"
Circular Ka-band "tria"

Jarhead, you would only get the strongest, non-adjacent transponders once you swap the "tria" for a regular Ku LNBF.

I would try it anyway since you have it.

It's about the size of a Superdish should work ok for everything except 123/125. Not too much trouble to mount a standard 10750 lnb. Strip off the TRIA if they didn't already to lose the excess weight. Post some pix when you're done!

Status
Please reply by conversation.