KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Ok guys I have been installing WB for almost two years now and I have ran accross a minor problem. I installed a WB yesterday and everything went real smooth, had it done in about 1.5 hours includeing provisioning. I did put the dish together before getting on site. Ok here is the problem after everything is said and done, and surfing the web, customer is real happy; however everytime you try to go to www.google.com the modem tries to go back to wildblue.backoffice..... like the provisioning process is not complete. I have ran into this before, not google, but any site you try and go to. But resetting the modem fixes it. Not in this case. I reset the modem like 4 times, and rebooted the computer also, to no avail. It is only when you try to go to google no other web site I tryed a bunch of sites and everything was fine and fast, just google. I even tried yahoo searching google and then clicking on the google link it still tried it. I cleared cache on this machine and files and everything I can think of. Maybe I am just over thinking this, it has to be something simple.

I don't know if this will help but google was set as the homepage, before I started provinsioning the system, so like normal it would kick over to WB and ask user name, tria #, etc. However when all was said and done. You can not get to google at all. Also when it does jump back to the WB back office site it comes up with a blank screen but says done at the bottom. This is on a XP machine BTW.

So you guys got any other ideas other than what I have mentioned that I did, or have you guys that install WB also ever ran into this?

Check to see what the homepage is setup as now, somewhere during the setup it sounds like there may be something in the software that makes a redirect come up randomly, on the other ones that you ran into was it also on the customers homepages as well?

I would look into having each customer download and install a program called CCleaner, it does a pretty good job of getting rid of alot of stuff in IE and netscape and cleaning up other area's.

Had this happen to me once. I called WB tech and they had me get into the LAN settings and uncheck the boxes. This cleared the problem up.

Thanks mritt75, but I did try that.
Also I would like to :welcome you to SatelliteGuys.

Van I will look into CCleaner....Thanks.

how about clearing the browser's cache? I know that any webpage entered into the browser is re-directed to the backoffice end WB and the provisioning address is shown, but maybe somehow the browser got "confused" since google was set as the homepage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)