Wild Blue Sat. Internet

Rasputin

Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Can anyone tell me the Wild Blue Internet dish settings for zip code 75455 in Texas?

Thanks,
Pat

Last edited:
ZIP Code 75455
Is Service Available YES
Service Date 2007-01-01
Available Speed 1500.0
Latitude 33.2225
Longitude -94.9542
Azimuth 204.2
Elevation 47.6
Skew 67.0
Boom Arm Angle 30.0
Antenna Pointing Aid 1

Thank you very much Birddoggy. About 4AM this mourning I remembered that I had put in area instead of zip code but I had already gone to bed and I just now got back on line. Thanks for over looking the mistake. My daughter's boyfriend's dish got knocked out of line. I hope he can use these coordinants and get it back working.

Thanks again,
Pat

good luck, Wildblue dishes are VERY sensitive, if the dish is off by a quarter inch in any direction, it will not work well, or possibly, at all.
Get a good angle finder and put it on the arm and use that setting... and move it very very slowly, stop, give the modem a few seconds to try to lock, then move it a hair more, stop, give it a few seconds to try to lock, repeat... it is soooooo much easier with a meter

Yes, it must be hard to line up. I loaned him a meter but he called late this afternoon and said he couldn't pick up a signal. I will go over tomorrow and see what I can do. If it's that sensitive he will probably have to call WildBlue

I thought you wasn't allowed to install them yourself that a certified professional had to install them. Are these hard to setup?

According to the FCC you can't install it yourself.
To install ANY "broadcasting" antenna, you have to be certified.

as far as how hard they are, they are pretty easy once you get used to them

Yes, it must be hard to line up. I loaned him a meter but he called late this afternoon and said he couldn't pick up a signal. I will go over tomorrow and see what I can do. If it's that sensitive he will probably have to call WildBlue

What kind of meter did you loan him? And do you have an APA? it may be necessary in your area to hit the right spotbeam
o, and if you put a angle finder on the arm of the thing and go off of that, it is much easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts