wild feeds info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coachcalvin

Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
HELP!! Being halfway illiterate about all of this I am simply looking for my wild feeds again. Most of them were on the old T-6 Bird, but over the last couple of months they have disappeared and I am unable to find them anywhere. This site was refered to me and I can't find a C-band wild feed listing here either. Would someone please help?? Am growing very sick of Dish Net, have inquired about FTA and feel like im trying to view the gold at Ft. Knox. Would appreciate any and all help. My system is a Uniden 4400 UST Super.

Thank you.

Sorry listing anything not on Lyngsat is against our rules here at SatelliteGuys.US

coachcalvin said:
HELP!! Being halfway illiterate about all of this I am simply looking for my wild feeds again. Most of them were on the old T-6 Bird, but over the last couple of months they have disappeared and I am unable to find them anywhere. This site was refered to me and I can't find a C-band wild feed listing here either. Would someone please help?? Am growing very sick of Dish Net, have inquired about FTA and feel like im trying to view the gold at Ft. Knox. Would appreciate any and all help. My system is a Uniden 4400 UST Super.

Thank you.

take a look at IA-5 (T5), IA-6 (T6) and Galaxy-4R (G4) there are still many analog feeds there.

Since you have a big dish forget about the small dishes, all you really need is a 4dtv, it is well worth it.

You can have all kind of fun looking for different feeds but one problem is when it sometimes is mentioned in a forum that the programmer gets a little nervious and then soon it is gone. So please enjoy what you do find and if you explore further you will learn more.

I think what the Coach is looking for is what Orbit and Satweek publishes. They have a detailed list of wild feeds with program name, days and time that it's on, satellite and transponder.

THIS IS WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR:

http://www.orbitmagazine.com/wfeedsac.htm

This is posted ITC on their web site and they encourage it's usage, so I see no reason why we can't use it, but if this is not allowed, terminate it.:confused:

Last edited:
Thanks Jim!

Diamond Jim said:
I think what the Coach is looking for is what Orbit and Satweek publishes. They have a detailed list of wild feeds with program name, days and time that it's on, satellite and transponder.

THIS IS WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR:

http://www.orbitmagazine.com/wfeedsac.htm

This is posted ITC on their web site and they encourage it's usage, so I see no reason why we can't use it, but if this is not allowed, terminate it.:confused:

Thanks Jim...Never knew Orbit had that! REALLY handy!
Jeff

Hi guys,
I have a '922, but I admit I don't want to be up at weird hours to catch those feeds. It's just too much work for a tv show.

Can I assume they are all dc2/vc2 and that none of these new fta boxes with a DVR could be scheduled to queue them up for me?

JerryK said:
Hi guys,
I have a '922, but I admit I don't want to be up at weird hours to catch those feeds. It's just too much work for a tv show.

Can I assume they are all dc2/vc2 and that none of these new fta boxes with a DVR could be scheduled to queue them up for me?

The ones I've seen have all been analog in the clear. You're right that the FTA boxes won't handle it. I use a PVR card in my PC to record analog programming. I schedule a timer on my 922 and a corresponding one on the PC card. It's a little cumbersome, but it works.

madpoet said:
The R5000 mod makes it a little less cumbersome.

Actually, I have the R5000 mod for my 922. Unfortunately it doesn't work with analog feeds only digital, and with digital it will only work feeds that can be received by the 4dtv receivers.

Mike

Really? I thought if you had the receiver mod'd and not the HDD200 then it worked with everything. My bad!

Yep, unfortunately it's true. I think the r5000 can only handle signals that are already mpeg2. It would have to do its own encoding for the analog signal.

Many popular TV shows are now being transmitted to stations using an IP based satellite system. Even if you got a hold of the correct equipment to decode it, you would never be authorized by the sender.

tdti1 said:
take a look at IA-5 (T5), IA-6 (T6) and Galaxy-4R (G4) there are still many analog feeds there.

There are plenty of popular shows on the above satellites from mid morning thru mid afternoon. Seinfeld, That 70s Show, Jeopardy and Home Improvement, just to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdti1

There are plenty of popular shows on the above satellites from mid morning thru mid afternoon. Seinfeld, That 70s Show, Jeopardy and Home Improvement, just to name a few.

grrr...really want to get a C-band system set up :)

Hey Ice:

Iceberg said:
grrr...really want to get a C-band system set up :)

Hey Iceberg:

I advised another BUD owner (here) with a HA Dish problem, to point his dish at the nearest HA member and tell him it is a microwave transmitter, and he would fry them in their sleep......:devil:

Love to stir the pot...especially since I have 1/2 acre with no HA to bug me with my C-Band bud!:D

Regards
jeff

TIVO works fine also

My TIVO works fine for this stuff also. I just program the timer on the 922 and then set a manual timer on the TIVO, or if I can find the same program on the DirectTV channel list (that I setup on my TIVO), I just select that channel. Otherwise the name of the TIVO recording won't match, but it will still happily record anything I want it to. Of course the TIVO thinks it is controlling the "DirectTV sat receiver (which I do not have), but it still works fine.

What's wrong with a good old VCR? Set a timer in the 922, set the record time on the VCR and you have it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)